Broken down at alvecote marina

Vikki Newman-brace

Featured Posts

Hi there, first off apologies if this is in the wrong area, I'm kind of new to this forum but thought this would be the best place to get the right help.

This morning our fan belt snapped and after an hour we managed to get a new one fitted on, but in doing so a wire became loose and we initially didn't know where it went! While fiddling about we managed to blow something (a fuse maybe, although we've checked all the obvious ones) does anyone know of an electrical boat engineer or someone who may be able to help us tomorrow?

We managed to get the boat going again, with a screwdriver and are currently heading towards alvecote marina on the coventry canal by tamworth or there abouts, but we know it won't start tomorrow as the glow plugs will be cold. Why do these things always happen on or close to a weekend!?!

Thanks in advance

Hi there, first off apologies if this is in the wrong area, I'm kind of new to this forum but thought this would be the best place to get the right help.

This morning our fan belt snapped and after an hour we managed to get a new one fitted on, but in doing so a wire became loose and we initially didn't know where it went! While fiddling about we managed to blow something (a fuse maybe, although we've checked all the obvious ones) does anyone know of an electrical boat engineer or someone who may be able to help us tomorrow?

We managed to get the boat going again, with a screwdriver and are currently heading towards alvecote marina on the coventry canal by tamworth or there abouts, but we know it won't start tomorrow as the glow plugs will be cold. Why do these things always happen on or close to a weekend!?!

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you bridged the starter motor solenoid to get it started which by passes the ignition key switch. I think you've probably blown a fuse. Which wire came off and have you re-attached it?

The boat yard at Alvecote will be open tomorrow- worth asking if they can help.

We'll be going to Alvecote marina tomorrow- If its a part that you can identify that you need- I can stop at a chandlers on the way- just let me know. I'm not mechanically minded I'm afraid but if its something you can identify and fit- I can bring it to you

Thanks for the replies and offers of help, it really is heartening to know people are so kind to offer help. I managed to speak to someone at avlecote marina and although they are busy tomorrow they are going to have a look and see if its an easy fix. Luckily the man I spoke to has the same engine so fingers crossed it will be all sorted by 9.30!! If we do require any parts I may get back to you! Thanks so much again