I Think It's Actually Happening! Woooooo!

Sade

Featured Posts

Just can't contain my excitement! We have been given the (financial) go ahead so we are now in a position to put an offer in on THE BOAT that we have had our eye on for ages!

We are arranging a final meet up with the vendor for an in-depth look at the boat and its workings......but that's just a technicality really WOOOOOOOO!! We are then going to make an offer and fingers crossed all systems go......

I'm shaking ohmy.png

Oh Congratulations, I hope everything goes well for you. Is it a holiday boat or live aboard? Narrow Boat or Cruiser? come on tell us more wink.png))

Cheers and its going to be our new home....traddy 60 FT and OURS (hopefully) hehehe.....we've been to see it twice now and fell in love even though we told ourselves we wouldn't hehehehee

I'm too excited and trying not to get ahead of myself as things can always happen but just got that feeling clapping.gif

good luck

Thanks Nigely

Make sure you take a good long look at it and make sure you would be happy to call it home.

Good luck and make the right desicion for you.

I've got a checklist of questions....vendor will be starting her up and running through the engine, battery management, generator, hot water, toilets (fun), gas bottles, water tank....everything! I have kept a little space of excitement in reserve saved for any disappointment but once we know it will be ours I'm gonna let me head explode hahahaa! Thanks Naughty Cal biggrin.png

That's great, congratulationsclapping.gif . hope it all goes to plan, and it's everything you have dreamed of in the futurecheers.gif

Jamesbiggrin.png

Does anything ever go to plan James? hahahaha....whatever happens, its happening ...thanks James

Congratulations to you! clapping.gif

Thank you Benjam!

How exciting!! I remember that feeling just a little over a year ago smile.png

Good luck

We couldn't sleep last night ....just waiting for confirmation that we can go for our final look at it on Saturday and then will be making the offer....arrrghh! Every text from Dean has the word "boat" in it somewhere hahahaa

WE are at G minus 9 days now (G=Gracie) and I am now officially excited!

Brilliant stuff! Oh not long to wait!!! :)

Fingers crossed

Thanks Alan, everything crossed hehehe wink.png

Congratulations!

I can only imagine how excited you must be. Are you getting a survey done on the boat?

Thank you! Yes we will be instructing the survey as soon as possible and they had a survey done just a year ago which we will be inspecting too :)

Just booked our test run etc with the broker / vendor for Saturday morning EEEEEEK!!!

I'm supposed to be sorting stuff out to sell on ebay but I can't concentrate hahahaha

In April, I wrote this to you:

"Sara & Dean - you're not fooling anyone you know! In the space of one week on this forum your continuing descent into boatingmania (there is no know cure) has been obvious. I suspect you'll be living afloat by the summer."

I wasn't far off was I? Congratulations! cheers.gif

In April, I wrote this to you:

"Sara & Dean - you're not fooling anyone you know! In the space of one week on this forum your continuing descent into boatingmania (there is no know cure) has been obvious. I suspect you'll be living afloat by the summer."

I wasn't far off was I? Congratulations! cheers.gif

OMG Dave, I couldn't remember if I read that on someone elses post but yes.....yes, you sussed me out before we even knew! I really can't believe its happening hahahahaa.....and thank you for all your help and advice btw cheers.gif

Oh how fun. It is like Christmas in August. Happy for you. cloud9.gif

Thanks Gingerbeer.....we really are on cloud 9 at the moment and hope to be staying up there for years to come! icecream.gif

So pleased for you A¬ remember the thrill when my offer was accepted for Joyce or my home as she is now

Peter

Thanks Peter.....not quite there yet but got a good feeling about it! And I can't sleep hahahaa!

We spent 4 hours on the boat with the current owners and they took us out on the canal for a test run. Dean was left at the helm for the last 30 mins and I joined him so it was all a bit surreal!

We are just checking a couple of things out and then gonna make an offer!! EEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!

Really excited for you, we hope it is all and more you have hoped for.

We will (hopefully) be in your position in the coming months.

Keep us updated.

BTW, we are Moonrakers........well nearly, as we hail from Marlborough but currently in Portugal.

Thank you so much.....we are just trying to get the deposit together so that we can actually put the offer in. The lady I'm dealing with at the marina isn't back until Wednesday so hopefully will be sorted by then.

It's really strange you say Moonrakers as we were only talking about that yesterday! mind you, loads of weird coincidences appear to be happening in the last couple of weeks.....the boats registered number is only 1 digit different to our home phone number for instance and my husband has just started a new job practically overlooking the stretch of canal that we will be on when we set off initially......why can I hear the theme tune to "the twilight zone" ? blink.png