At long last, 30 years in the wait

W+T

Featured Posts

This weekend has been a mad bit on the house so i can play out on the boat, got a load of plastering done and tiling just to get to the boat, even SWMBO came along as we had a few hours spare after the house was done, we got all the remains of last week thrown out ready to be loaded onto the trailer tomorrow, i hope, i will need to take it to the tip, i was hoping to burn it on site but that was a no no, doesnt matter.

I was happy to find a lot if not all the fittings are new, they dont seem to be used at all.

Quick take a picclapping.gif , SWMBO ( T ) getting stuck into the itchy stuff

tn_Bury-20130902-00848_zps57fb930d.jpg

tn_Bury-20130902-00849_zps6d4c4b9d.jpg

The Morco look good and sparks

tn_Bury-20130902-00852_zps44492dc1.jpg

b99683b8-e2d0-4a5a-8630-cfac6b72f0b3_zps

e20fd702-96b4-424d-a016-978e8bcbb066_zps

OOooooo i think i found the boat ID number

tn_Bury-20130902-00853_zps751d45bc.jpg

i will look into it to see if i can find any info on the bao, i havnt found anything as yet,

This is how we left it today, just the bit of roof and side wall upto the wetroom, literally a wetroom lol, when we refit ti though we intend it to be a proper wetroom and fully tiled but smaller to give more galley space, there was little worktop area for those Sunday dinners for SWMBO to make smile.png

tn_Bury-20130902-00854_zps221a7445.jpg

tn_Bury-20130902-00855_zps956141fd.jpg

You will see in the above pic all we are keeping which needs to be taken home to clean up and service, Even the porta loo is unused, yes i did have a sniff and good look inside, never used thank god.

Oh and as all the wiring and pipe work etc etc is inplace i am going to atempt to not move much as the fit out will be near the same as was, this way it will be alot quicker and cheaper, it mite make things a bit of a pain to work around but it will more wprk and cost to redo it all.

tn_Bury-20130902-00856_zpsceaea9d7.jpg

I would test all pipework before you box it all in, its all been moved and knocked about so could be some dodgy connections.

Just saying!

Hi Steve, yes i have been looking at them inverter types, aswell as every other way to weld it up lol, sat for hours trying to decide what to use, but its going to be stick welded for sure by me now, i am not in a rush so i mite aswell, i havnt stick welded for many years but i used to be good, and as i have now decided to leave the hull work untill next summer for another good one...i hope, dont want to be messing in bad weather with 400kg sheets of steel in the mud, i have got myself some old steel scaffolding that i will be using to move the base plates around on to get them under the boat and then jacked into place. All sound easy hey i think not some how.

Its not just the weather though as i have a problem with my fingers ( tendons ) but more so with my elbows now, dam job is killing me off slowly lol, been doing gas cylinder deliveries for 11 years and the doc says its not good with the diabetes, ware and tare and all, i am off to the docs in a bit to see if i need an operation, if so i can get that out of the way for next year.

Plenty of other jobs to do in between, windows need resealing derust inside etc etc.

Morning Dave, the plan is to fit it all back into place, if i decide to keep it all, and then run the system to see if there any leaks before its all covered up, be suprised it there isnt a leak after all the messing ripping the boat out., the pumps will need looking at aswell i reckon, not sure if they are serviceable yet.

Nice weekend for it, taking gramps out for a meal tomorrow and abit to do at home but i hope to strat to get the engine out this sunday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have actually got around to doing something on the boat, or for the boat as it maybe, i have been that busy with getting other things out of the way i have only just got around to making a frame to get the engine out, and this will be done tomorrow if all goes to plan, i know, what can go wrong with half a dozen nuts and bolts, but well you know.

I have used the old steel scaffolding frame i got for moving around the new base plate when i get the sheets and knocked up an A frame for the other end, you will see what i mean from the pic.All the gear along with block and tackle is there and straps to whip it out tomorrow, i will be using my mates small trailer sat in the scaff frame to drop the engine in to get home easier.

frame001_zps981401d8.jpg

I have also sorted out a way to get all the gravel ballast out a bit easier, my bosses son wants it, i said aslong as he digs it out he can have it, i will help him though i guess, be good if somebody wanted the rusty bits from the inside aswell lol.

This going to be one long project, i just wish i could of brought it home, i have the room but then its the 4 telephone wires that are in the way for the craning, i have be thinking about this a lot over the last few weeks, if i can get it ready for the water and lined out i will be happy to get on the water asap and fit out on the mooring. I hope to get a cheap mooring down on the Cheshire ring maybe or closer to Chester, not far from home and i do like it down there.

Anyway off for a we pint or two as i am pooped now after a days fishing and getting the gantry done.biggrin.png I do like productive daysbiggrin.png

wollybiggrin.png

Well Bigste, keeping you upto speed is easy, as you can see it a slow progress job, but i did get the engine out todayicecream.gif

I was easier then i expected, mainly as the engine wasnt bolted down, but held in place with a screwdriver and just sat on the engine bearers and also partly bolted to the prop, but then i only found out that it was the prop that was supporting the engine as when i removed 4 of the five flange bolts to part the prop and engine the engine fell towards me as i was stood in the engine bay on a few blocks to keep my feet out of the water, well the engine was sat on 1 bearer as the other were wood and had either, well all i cnba think of but they had rotten away, lucky, these Lister ST2 are dam heavy engines, i am guessing a good 250kg.

I was lucky to have taken extra bits of gear with me to get the engine out as it was so heavy i had to support the cross beam of the gantry, use a hand winch to drag it along the cross beam and some 4x2 timber to prop the cross beam from bending to much.

frame1001_zps67c0c2c7.jpg

frame1002_zps7295a28f.jpg

frame1004_zpsc9d6fe03.jpg

frame1006_zps4cb7f9a3.jpg

frame1005_zpsa0762861.jpg

frame1009_zps1687bdbc.jpg

frame1008_zps803de545.jpg

Well its home, all i need to do know is build a carport type canopy in the pound so i can work on it over winter, a while ago i got a 14x7 fibreglass wagon roof and some 7 foot lenthgs of 40x40 galv box section so i have all i need to get on with that. I have a workshop but it easier to do it in the pound that try and get the engine in the there, also, if the pound is taken up then it will prevent me from wanting another project, like i do, no cars or bikes or anything else, i do tend to buy things on a whimbiggrin.png Prioritys now are all Bohemian...oh and the houserolleyes.gif

Edited by W+T

• 5 weeks later...

Thought i should mention this as there has been a few folk interested in my build thread, i am having to sell the boat due to a few circumstances which i am not happy about,

Thanks all for watching and happy cruising.

W

That's a bugger, I have only just seen this thread.

If you have a change of heart, I have a welder/generator and could probably help.

What a lovely offer, sad news but http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Narrow-boat-project-36-foot-cheap-storage-/291010164253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43c18eb61d

If Wayne sees this you never know.

Well that is a very nice offer Captian Fizz, thank you, but as you mite of seen it didnt sell on ebay but i have had a lot of otherwise interest and a chap has offered me my money back and a bit for it, although he hasnt been back when he said he was going to.

Secretly i hope he doesnt, but then i need the funds desperatley now.

There are more boats out there as we know, so when things get sorted, in another 30 years lol, i will be back inline, fingers crossed, well no as i will get cramp lol.

thanks again CaptainFuzz, very kind offer :)

wayne

• 1 month later...

It been sold a few times, going for 5 times now, well sort of untill the money is in my hand it isnt, as said dreamers are wanting it then....excuses start to back out the deal.

Wish you luck with whatever your bidding for on auction, how much time left to go?

i think you not been reading , i am selling, peeed of with idiots on ebay.

i think you not been reading , i am selling, peeed of with idiots on ebay.

Oh! I see, sorry old bean, trust me, I don't know. I read the rest of the thread months ago and forgot about it and just replied to your post on this fresh page. cheers.gif

Edited by bizzard

after reading the post , i was going to try and I.M. you , but dont appear able too ? .

how ever i can use this as a means i dont wish to start a thread unless some one has a better idea but i recall years ago some times people would selll a item as a lottery ie 30 x 100 £ tickets , i mean scrap value alone would perhaps make some one a proffit , but more importantly perhaps if some one can rescue her for very very cheap they can afford to invest some of the money they have saved by getting a bargin bargin ? . if one spent a 100 pound on a ticket and 1000 on platting etc and 500 on the engine , shes a sound boat on the river to travel ?. and i guess if shes as such easily moverable on the canal it opens up a much wider market for who ever gets her ?

i dont know how you would as such run such a lottery of that type . but if you know the tonnage of steel and as such scrap price , but it might as such convince some one well if it dosent work out etc ??? and perhaps if you had several interested bidders on ebay who were prepared to pay 1,000 to get her they might risk a couple of hundred on the off chance of getting it ?

but i susspose you could also as such sell shares in her ? , do a costing and time to get the engine in and hull done , and estimated retail value as a bare sailaway what would could she sensibly bring ???? in ? a lot of people wouldent buy shares on the stock market as such perhaps the boating community would perhaps view it as a worthwhile gamble , or buying a lottery ticket on her ??

she would still be your project as such to bring it back on the canals but without perhaps the back breaking work youve put in and have to do ??

you may just want her gone quick and your cash flow back in and i guess with the time , rent paid up .

it might be a rubbish idea for you , but it might be a option , ?

so as i say i dident want to start off a discusstion on the ins and outs of doing it , thats for you to as such decide , so by all means you tell me its dead in the water and stop the thing in its tracks .

im sure if you think theirs any worth or help in the suggestion otheirs much better informed than myself would perhaps have some input ?

• 1 month later...

Well done. Glad You're sorted.

not me, in a way:(, but theres others for when i get things sorted. Already been looking at a Creighton 32, had the 26 a few year back and its a nice boat. but not a NB