NB Trumpeter

Roxy

Featured Posts

I went to have a look at this lovely 60fter, lovely paintwork, but needs lots of cosmetic work inside...it has all want I want for a liveaboard boat, however I am now wanting someone in the know to come and view it again with me as the owner is open to 'offers' here's a few pics that I took :

2013-04-26161120.jpg

2013-04-26161144.jpg

2013-04-26161425.jpg

2013-04-26161510.jpg

2013-04-26161533.jpg

2013-04-26161621.jpg

2013-04-26161701.jpg

2013-04-26161759.jpg

2013-04-26161817.jpg

2013-04-26161837.jpg

2013-04-26161913.jpg

Grrrrrr struggling uploading more pics.....bear with me

2 loos?? I keep a spare cassette available in case of ice so there may be a reasonable explanation or is there a problem with the dump through? If there is, bearing in mind there is sod all to go wrong with them, is it a split tank?

That stove should not be lit until the installation is fully checked and sound....the flue pipe isn't seated in a reduction collar on the stove top and I strongly suspect that it isn't seated correctly as it passes into the roof collar. The rust on the top is from drips running down it. Does the chimney work by magnets or something?

You might prefer a laundrette to that "washing machine"

All comes down to price and if you want it - it sounds like you do. Everything else looks to be cosmetic.

You might prefer a laundrette to that "washing machine"

All comes down to price and if you want it - it sounds like you do. Everything else looks to be cosmetic.

Hardly a major consideration, but despite the Toy Town appearance those washing machines actually work remarkably well. Main limitation is size of load, but they certainly wash well.

I'm assuming the apparent damage to cabin lining above the stove relates to rain getting in at the chimney collar, then getting behind it. AS it is bulging away near the bottom I wouldn't like to say what else might have suffered, and I don't think it will be particularly easy to replace or repair, and match rest of boat.

It may be an optical illusion, but the right hand back corner of the stove looks very close to the tiled surround, and it is possible the left hand back corner is to.

It may be an optical illusion, but the right hand back corner of the stove looks very close to the tiled surround, and it is possible the left hand back corner is to.

The stove looks like a very unsafe installation all round and may well require re-siting.

If you look at pic 3 the chimney is well truly trashed...but regarding the stove, this boat does have a BSC till 2014 but does indeed seem as though water is getting through it and onto the stove - easy fix???

Not sure when engine was last serviced or when it was last out water, early days yet, only spoke to the bloke where it's moored and he told me that a lady did live aboard, wasn't bothered/nor had any idea, hence why the interior needs upgrading - gave me the keys and left me and my daughter to have a mooch round, which we did along with the many spiders.......

Almost the same fit out as the boat I have here! Warble boats, about 1984? Very expensive at the time but with a few technical niggles with regard to wiring & gas installations, since sorted out. You are welcome to come & look at this one,situated 5mile east of Manchester and I can provide a few pointers. Very "80's"

but well done. Where the washer is on Trumpeter, on this one it's a bidet!( can be used for washing I suppose......)

Bill

just looks like it needs a makeover inside

1. sand down and re varnish woodworks
  2. pull that carpet off the walls
  3. new cushions
  4. re-tile shower
  5. remove any wood within 100mm of stove.
  6. new flue, and chimney

Well some of the woodwork cladding to the cabin interior is clearly hanging off the walls, probably water damaged.

I think I would at least re-attach that, if it can be salvaged, or replace, before bothering about the surface finish.

Edited by alan_fincher

In my opinion the stove needs resiting to somewhere nearer the centre of the boat. Where it is is dangerously close to its surrounds. If it was pulled round square with the boat and pulled back 6'' it would have enough safety clearance but wouldn't look very nice. The flu pipe looks like a cast iron drain pipe, which is ok if done properly.

As you say nice paintwork, a cratch as well (can cost 1500-2000) - get the cover out to see what condition its in. Often just need a good scrub to come up well if not torn and cracked. Interior looks eminently fixable, or give it a complete revamp. I hope it works out for you.

Well some of the woodwork cladding to the cabin interior is clearly hanging off the walls, probably water damaged.

I think I would at least re-attach that, if it can be salvaged, or replace, before bothering about the surface finish.

2 planks have come astray, not a problem.

( taking pictures of my boat when you pass by is £10 a go Alan)biggrin.png

Edited by onionbargee

( taking pictures of my boat when you pass by is £10 a go Alan)biggrin.png

I reckon that CRT have a greater chance of collecting the proposed £25 per day charges for overstaying on visitor moorings!

Do I have to also pay royalties on historic ones from before you owned it?

Kerbau_Birmingham_1_04.jpg

I rather like it, Roxy! You can make that really homely.

Only thing that's proper knackered judging by these pics is the stove installation which appears to have been done by someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Its top vent is missing and unless that's just staining on the glass it may be severely rusted on the inside. Also it appears to be set much too far back on the hearth and the heat from it may be what's caused the two T&G planks on the wall to expand and bulge forward. The chimney seems to be levitating which is quite spesh in itself. And the poor installation of the whole stove setup seems to include the flue pipe which sits uncomfortably on the top of the stove at the bottom, and the roof collar at the top which has been clearly letting rainwater in for quite some time, enough to puddle rusty water on the stove top.

Best cost up getting someone to either completely replace the stove if it's knackered, or repair the rusted and missing parts and re install the whole thing: flue pipe, collar, new chimney, new stove door top vent, the rusting means its possible the baffle plate and riddle grate inside are also knackered, and get the thing resited further forward on the hearth. The hearth at least looks plenty big enough. When you know how much all that costs, if you do decide to put an offer in on the boat subject to survey, then knock that price off your offer.

I reckon that CRT have a greater chance of collecting the proposed £25 per day charges for overstaying on visitor moorings!

Do I have to also pay royalties on historic ones from before you owned it?

Kerbau_Birmingham_1_04.jpg

That hurts my eyes.

boats-x_zpsf9ade3b4.jpg

Tim

The worst thing about that stove installation is the location!

Right at the front gives it a pretty poor chance of heating the boat through to the back, unless there are rads hanging off it, which I doubt from the pics.

MtB

Our (55ft) boat's stove is in that position at the front, and my son noticed the heat didn't quite reach far enough to warm the bedroom. He has fitted a small fan (out of a computer) in the bulkhead half way down the length of the boat and it seems to be enough to move the warm air to the bedroom now.

Carpet over the holding tank and up to & under the Traveller dump through loo? Held in place with the four manufacturer supplied brass bolts which corrode through in about 2-3 years meaning the toilet will part company with the tank and leak profusely into said carpet?

Just No.

No radiators but I saw these in sections along the boat :

2013-04-26162047.jpg

A few more pics I was struggling to upload

2013-04-26162122.jpg

2013-04-26162134.jpg

2013-04-26162217.jpg

2013-04-26162245.jpg

2013-04-26161924.jpg

2013-04-26161718.jpg

Many thanks to all for your advice and comments so far

Not sure if there is a cratch cover I did have a look for it in the lockers underneath the seats but couldn't find one, I was thinking she may have took it off to stop it getting soiled so there might be a chance she has took it home.