Odd Little Boat for Sale

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

These were advertised for some time in the Boatimags a feew years back, but illustrated only by a line drawing. More recently someone (the same chap?) was advertising time shares for sale in one. I wasn't sure that he had ever actually built one. This may well be the only one which was completed.

I have it down as one of those brave imaginative ventures which foundered because buyers are wary of any boat which is too much out of the ordinary.

These were advertised for some time in the Boatimags a feew years back, but illustrated only by a line drawing. More recently someone (the same chap?) was advertising time shares for sale in one. I wasn't sure that he had ever actually built one. This may well be the only one which was completed.

I have it down as one of those brave imaginative ventures which foundered because buyers are wary of any boat which is too much out of the ordinary.

Wasn't the idea to take it to France for part f the year on a trailer?

Neat. The classic floating caravan. Tad rich though, I'd change the "2" in the price to a "1", it is GRP after all, & the price would be OTT for steel in my opinion.

I dont think it is badly priced as it happens. Not all plastic boats are cheap!!

you can still drive it in France but some maneouvers may be trickier ;)

I dont think it is badly priced as it happens. Not all plastic boats are cheap!!

it is too much

maybe novelty value would allow it

you can still drive it in France but some maneouvers may be trickier wink.png

it is too much

maybe novelty value would allow it

You find a similar size and aged GRP boat with similar accomodation for that money.

ETA: With a diesel inboard. Plenty avaliable with petrol outboards...

Edited by Naughty Cal

You find a similar size and aged GRP boat with similar accomodation for that money.

ETA: With a diesel inboard. Plenty avaliable with petrol outboards...

OK but if I was looking for narrow beam ie use on narrow canals (!) I be looking at steel or cheap GRP its too easy to damage it

and to be honest on that size boat a diesel inboard just takes up valuable space

Honda 15 would be better fo a slow boat

Sea Otter make a 20fter with a diesel inboard. Not a waste of space at all but a valuable source for recharging batteries and making hot water.

Nonsense.

I tend to agree. We had GRP and plywood boats on the cut for years without problems. You do need to be more careful with them, but they are not as fragile as people sometimes think (if in good nick and built properly.) You only need to look at all the DC's, Creightons and Normans etc that are still in good nick after many years of service.

Forgot to say the boat in the pic looks really good. Something a bit different.

Edited by Guest