Posting pictures from your PC into the forum - step by step.

Featured Posts

Very helpful TDH. Greeenied.

One for posting images which reside elsewhere, e.g. on ebay, would be handy for the record, too.

MtB

Next on the list

OR, to put a picture in that you might have on facebook, (works if using chrome anyway, no idea if you are 'i'd' up though) first make sure it is viewable by 'public', not just friends or custom (see the little icon just after the photo's date when you have the photo open). Then right click on the actual photo, and select 'copy image URL'. click the 'image' icon at the top of your response box on the thread, and right click & paste into the box, the picture should now appear below! Thus:

257457_2224883306808_3787310_o.jpg

Edited by Ally

As said be aware of the potential to breach copyright when using photographs from the internet.

The copying of any copyright protected photo is likely to be a breach of copyright.

But even linking to a copyright protected image so that the photo appears in your post as if it's your photo (even though it isn't) is also a breach of copyright.

However, just posting the link...which takes you to the photo in its original location is legal.

The copying of any copyright protected photo is likely to be a breach of copyright.

But even linking to a copyright protected image so that the photo appears in your post as if it's your photo (even though it isn't) is also a breach of copyright.

However, just posting the link...which takes you to the photo in its original location is legal.

Cheers yes that is referred to in the other thread.

Hi - as a new member to the forum I've recently used photobucket to post a few pictures on the site - most recently 2 days ago

However I've just attempted to post another couple of pictures via photobucker again but I'm receiving the message ' You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community'

Help........(thanks)

What was the image extension format???

But just to add I only get that particular error message when I link to some pictures on the internet not when linking to pictures hosted on photobucket, I have always taken the message to mean to post it would breach copyright, I could be wrong though.

Edited by The Dog House

Hi Martin - they were a few pictures that i'd actually taken myself today - I'd uploaded them to photobucket (as usual - I use pb to post on other angling forums) and tried to post them exactly in the manner you describe in your opening post above

Hi Martin - they were a few pictures that i'd actually taken myself today - I'd uploaded them to photobucket (as usual - I use pb to post on other angling forums) and tried to post them exactly in the manner you describe in your opening post above

Sorry then bud no idea.

Any ideas for flikr?

There is possibly a smarter way to do it but I couldn't find it so ~

Right click on the 'master/main' image and you get the copyright notice and the option to select different sizes/versions

Flikrphoto_zpsce36593d.jpg

Assuming you own the copyright - select the size you want to display in the forum and then right click on the image and on the menu that comes up click on 'Copy image URL'

Place the cursor where you want the picture to appear and look for the 'Insert Image button' on the tool bar - almost directly below the smiley face and a bit to the left.

Imagebutton_zps317d9050.jpg

Click on it which brings the following up.

URLbox_zps83022079.jpg

Right click in the box and from the menu that pops up select 'paste' which pastes the link into the box.

Rightclick_zps6cf23895.jpg

Click OK and your image will appear in the post after you preview or post it in the forum.

5553225177_125e8ab659_b.jpg

PS I've assumed you are OK with me using the image and won't be suing me for breach of copyright.

Edited by The Dog House

How do I attach a picture without having to download additional programmes?

No additional programs are involved in either of the ways described.

So I'm not sure what you are asking.

No additional programs are involved in either of the ways described.

So I'm not sure what you are asking.

Thought the forum system would allow posting attachments without involving other programmes. When writing a post I click on the 'insert picture' icon to add a pic from my PC a box comes up asking me for a URL (??). Then I'm stumped

Thought the forum system would allow posting attachments without involving other programmes. When writing a post I click on the 'insert picture' icon to add a pic from my PC a box comes up asking me for a URL (??). Then I'm stumped

if you read this thread and the other where the use of the image button is explained.

Edited by The Dog House

I have followed your instructions right up to create a new post .. typing my message...right click where I want to post my photograph and "PASTE" is not highlighted on the list that comes up and I cant paste the pic.......Help pleeeeeeese