Posting pictures from your PC into the forum - step by step.

Featured Posts

I have followed your instructions right up to create a new post .. typing my message...right click where I want to post my photograph and "PASTE" is not highlighted on the list that comes up and I cant paste the pic.......Help pleeeeeeese

That would indicate there is nothing on the 'clipboard' to paste in - are you sure you copied the link correctly? when you click on it in Photobucket it briefly goes yellow and briefly says 'copied'

Edited by The Dog House

Yes it went yellow and said copied.... I tried it in Photobucket and Tinypics

Ok try this -

Download this small tool which allows you to see what's on your clipboard -

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Clipboard-Viewer/3000-2384_4-75335506.html

If you can't see anything on your clipboard using that then for some reason it's not copying to yours when it says it has.

PS - Should have also checked you are using windows yes?

OK - Place your cursor where you want the pic. to appear and press

the ctrl key, hold it down and press V

This is the windows key combination equivalent of using the 'paste' command on the menu.

Edited by The Dog House

Hi - as a new member to the forum I've recently used photobucket to post a few pictures on the site - most recently 2 days ago

However I've just attempted to post another couple of pictures via photobucker again but I'm receiving the message ' You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community'

Help........(thanks)

I am having the same trouble, photobucket is not showing the IMG code as mentioned at the start of this posting, any ideas or thoughts..? Thanks to all.

Edited by Dalesman

I am having the same trouble, photobucket is not showing the IMG code as mentioned at the start of this posting, any ideas or thoughts..? Thanks to all.

That is a different issue to the poster you have replied to - TonK 's issues resolved itself any way.

So what do you see next to your image - you should see this -

Selectimagecode_zpsef506b60.jpg

what do you see instead?

If it's not there try clicking on the 'image links' button, it is normally dropped down by default but in your case it sounds like it is not.....

and looks like this perhaps??

Imagelinksbutton_zps8b44a448.jpg

That is a different issue to the poster you have replied to - TonK 's issues resolved itself any way.

So what do you see next to your image - you should see this -

Selectimagecode_zpsef506b60.jpg

what do you see instead?

If it's not there try clicking on the 'image links' button, it is normally dropped down by default but in your case it sounds like it is not.....

and looks like this perhaps??

Imagelinksbutton_zps8b44a448.jpg

Thanks Martin this is just how mine looks now..but does not show the proper IMG code [Picture165_zpsc2b316f0.jpg[/url]

Cheers

Alan.

Edited by Dalesman

photobucket has changed in the last week for some of us ,with no notification, it now puts an image link rather than the simple format it was previously doing- I think this is why Dalesman struggled to post his piccy's yesterday.

This is what the photobucket IMG link gives me and dalesman now.

IMAG0672_zps4be96632.jpg[/URL]

I knew to cut out the other bits and only post the red bit, but it IS confusing.

edited to add, the red bit has actually posted the image!!

Edited by matty40s

it's a lovely hull though isn't it!!

I didn't like the change of photobucket to the new version, I tried to stay with the old one and sent them several messages to say what was wrong with the new one, but nothing was changed.

This latest change - I cannot see why they have done it - unless that link they are now using works in Facebook.

Bluddy norah - yes it's changed for me too now seemingly which renders all this information useless. I see from another post Tam & Di has also experienced what sounds like the same problems.

If it doesn't look as though it is going to change back or isn't some sort of temp. glitch I'll ask the mods to delete the OP as it is misleading people the way PB now seem to have it set up.

The 'Direct link' seems to work but it requires the use of the 'Insert image' button. Using the IMG code circumnavigated this.

Nov2002011_zps0512e8d7.jpg

Edited by The Dog House

Interestingly the same format that Photobucket seems to have adopted (BB code) on there seems to be able to be posted directly into here-

Sorry for the non boaty pic. but it's the only one I have on there.

4KF0el.jpg

Uploads seem easier too.

PY8OMvj.jpg

Weirdly - if you edit out the first and very last bit of the Photobucket link and pare it down to just the IMG code towards the end it still works - so I have no idea at all what they are up to. Dennis has an opinion on the matter too!!

IMG_1375.jpg

Edited by The Dog House

Well I have tried all ways to post photos today but this site still says no even after changing from PB to Imgur..what to do..? Just tried another way and this happened..!!!!

Just need to get shut of the http and we might be there..!!
">http://Csn4Yjv.jpg

">IMGP1300_zpsc849c8b0.jpg

Picture162-1_zps6a791075.jpg

Edited by Dalesman

• 7 months later...

How about this little problem (which never used to happen with the old PB)

I post a picture - no problem, but, if anyone clicks on the picture it takes them to my PB album where they can see all of my pictures.

I have tried all four options (Email, Direct, HTML & IMG) and they are all the same.

I have pictures that are not for 'general viewing' so how can I get a picture posted without it linking to my Album ???

How about this little problem (which never used to happen with the old PB)

I post a picture - no problem, but, if anyone clicks on the picture it takes them to my PB album where they can see all of my pictures.

I have tried all four options (Email, Direct, HTML & IMG) and they are all the same.

I have pictures that are not for 'general viewing' so how can I get a picture posted without it linking to my Album ???

It sounds like a privacy setting thing.

Unless somebody answers in the mean time I will have a look in the morning when on my PC rather than on my tablet.