Posting pictures from your PC into the forum - step by step.

Featured Posts

Mines a totally different issue........

For some strange reason Canalworld wont let me paste 'anything' into a reply via either the 'paste' or control+v options. Neither text from a word doc or the copied URL from PB.

I've just tried pasting the exact same image into another forum with no problem............?????? help.gif

Mines a totally different issue........

For some strange reason Canalworld wont let me paste 'anything' into a reply via either the 'paste' or control+v options. Neither text from a word doc or the copied URL from PB.

I've just tried pasting the exact same image into another forum with no problem............?????? help.gif

Which browser are you using?

Internet Explorer 11 and the forum do not seem to get on, but so far it seems to be issues around quoting other members in the main, are you using IE11?

Just had to check Martin - and yes it would appear I'm now on version 11..........

You can wind back to version 10 and prevent it updating but probably the easiest solution is to use another browser such as

Chrome

or

FireFox

I use Chrome but lots like Firefox too.

try that and see what happens.

Edited by The Dog House

Just logged in via chrome......

No problems with pasting on the topic now...........

But now received the following error message

'An error occurred you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community' :(

Something else the forum can be fussy about.

What comes after imagename. Those that have jpg after seem to work best and most often.

• 2 weeks later...

Derek R was commenting that the pictures of "Hartley and Aspinall's Canal Iron Works" were a cracker!

This was my gt Grandfather, Eccles John ASpinall but I cannot trace the photo(s). I would appreciate a copy of the photo or directions to view.

Thanks so much.

Dave Aspinall

Derek R was commenting that the pictures of "Hartley and Aspinall's Canal Iron Works" were a cracker!

This was my gt Grandfather, Eccles John ASpinall but I cannot trace the photo(s). I would appreciate a copy of the photo or directions to view.

Thanks so much.

Dave Aspinall

If you stick 'Hartley' in the search box on this link it brings up a number of pics. including ones of the works you are looking for.

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/history/archive.php3

They start at the bottom of the first page. I'm pretty sure that was what Derek was referring to.

Edited by The Dog House

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just logged in via chrome......

No problems with pasting on the topic now...........

But now received the following error message

'An error occurred you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community' sad.png

I've just posted a photobucket problem on the parallel thread - I can't upload photos on it any more. So I tried putting photos directly onto the forum instead, but I get exactly the same error message. It is a jpg image, and not very large. I've tried CWDF via Firefox and Google Chrome with the same results.

Has anyone any idea of a solution please?

Tam

I've just posted a photobucket problem on the parallel thread - I can't upload photos on it any more. So I tried putting photos directly onto the forum instead, but I get exactly the same error message. It is a jpg image, and not very large. I've tried CWDF via Firefox and Google Chrome with the same results.

Has anyone any idea of a solution please?

Tam

It is working for me but it looks like Photobucket have changed the site layout and method of doing it (Again!)

<Battlestone at work>

IMG_0926.jpg

Forum upload working fine for me too.

<Battlestone not working boo!>

post-2102-0-52777700-1440693953_thumb.jpg

Edited by MJG

Now unpinned - because its no longer relevant. There's enough discussion in this one to merit its keeping though.

Paul have you deleted my last post requesting these two pinned threads be deleted? Given they are now outdated and superseded.

If so why.

I definitely posted the request but it seems to have gone.

Ah, you seem to have deleted one of the threads (where I posted) but not this one, curious...

Edited by MJG

Eureka!

Finally managed to get a photo attached directly from the MacBook

:):):):):):):):)

Tam

From what you said on the (curiously) deleted thread It sounds very much like it was related to your internet connection/speed.

From what you said on the (curiously) deleted thread It sounds very much like it was related to your internet connection/speed.

I think you are quite right. It can often take quite a while to get onto CWDF or DBA forums or send'receive relatively small posts which go quick enough at other times

Paul have you deleted my last post requesting these two pinned threads be deleted? Given they are now outdated and superseded.

If so why.

I definitely posted the request but it seems to have gone.

Ah, you seem to have deleted one of the threads (where I posted) but not this one, curious...

Did I delete the wrong one?