Amazing what you find on the towpath!

Chop!

Featured Posts

Blimey. Erm, i'll have to admit you have lost me.

Whatever way you took it, i can confirm that the original comment was meant as humour and said firmly with tounge in cheek. I thought that adding the 'tounge in cheek' smiley was the done way of showing someone your written word was mean tounge in cheek.

Whereas I accept that was your intention and realised it at the time, in my opinion smileys are most often used to say something offensive without taking responsibility. A bit like writing f**k and claiming that it's not swearing.

• Greenie 1

Junior's post was followed by a smiley, this one :P I think it was an example of irony.

Your post seemed a little abrasive and a very good example of a point I made on the forum recently. The forum elders may say what they please, but unless you are one of the chosen any attempt at comedy will be met with hostility.

Agree with that 100%

Then I suggest you google the image URL.

How do you do this please?

I right clicked on the picture and selected, in the first instance, clicked in 'view image info'. That gave me a web site address which when put into my address bar but that just gave me a picture. Putting that web site address into google gave me no search reults.

I got exactly the same result when right clicking and selecting 'copy image location'

Neither tell me where the picture comes from, or what the story is, though I do see that it is something to do with the The Guardian

Edited by Bazza2

Unlike the stupid little man who has turned this thread into a quarrel, to him I have every intention of being offensive.

The problem there is that to be offensive the target has to find you so. I realise you have your problems and make allowances. Not always of course, hence my original post in this thread.

What do you want? A medal?

So, along with all your other attributes you are in a position to award medals. I am impressed.

I right clicked on the picture and selected, in the first instance, clicked in 'view image info'. That gave me a web site address which when put into my address bar but that just gave me a picture. Putting that web site address into google gave me no search reults.

I got exactly the same result when right clicking and selecting 'copy image location'

Neither tell me where the picture comes from, or what the story is, though I do see that it is something to do with the The Guardian

Paste this into google "London legacy: security and towpath protests | Politics | guardian.co.ukwww.guardian.co.uk › PoliticsCached

You +1'd this publicly. Undo

Jul 11, 2012 "

i must admit I hadn't tried it but i just did.

Google initially said;

For matching images, try search by image

Your search - http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/7/11/1342018329532 ... - did not match any documents.

so I pressed 'search by image' and got a number of blogs including the original

the other thing I did was post the image name 'TowpathBlockAnon.jpg" into google which turned up the original article.

I hope that helps.

So, along with all your other attributes you are in a position to award medals. I am impressed.

Once again you parade your ignorance to all.

Once again you parade your ignorance to all.

You wouldn't care to explain where these problems of mine occur, would you? I'm thinking of"cliché, long words I don't understand and the latest, my parading my ignorance to all".

I will quite understand if you don't but not doing so might be construed as can't.

ETA missing word

Edited by Rich

What do you want? A medal?

Mr Pink Pipe.... are you one of the 'little men' who feels the need to be assertive behind your built up computer desk and raised and padded chair.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about whoever 'dares' to challenge you. Are you a toss (sorry) tin pot dictator who likes to try and belittle other members whilst polishing your built up shoes and waiting for the replies.

I imagine you to be like the character Mr Burns from the Simsons. Please be a little more friendly on the forums. After all, life on the water is supposed to be a leisurely pastime, not one where one throws his teddy from his cot when one dares to speak against him, what what.

• Greenie 1

Mr Pink Pipe....

To be fair, if you were a "forum elder" you would know that "what do you want, a medal?" is Mr Bargee's catchphrase when he (quite anally, in my opinion) wants to dampen the enthusiasm of a new boat owner who comes on here to tell us all about their new acquisition.

Mr Pink Pipe.... are you one of the 'little men' who feels the need to be assertive behind your built up computer desk and raised and padded chair.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about whoever 'dares' to challenge you. Are you a toss (sorry) tin pot dictator who likes to try and belittle other members whilst polishing your built up shoes and waiting for the replies.

I imagine you to be like the character Mr Burns from the Simsons. Please be a little more friendly on the forums. After all, life on the water is supposed to be a leisurely pastime, not one where one throws his teddy from his cot when one dares to speak against him, what what.

Brilliant, wholly inaccurate but brilliant.

"Mr. Pink Pipe" might be deemed a little homophobic were it not for your boat name "Butty Boy" I assume you did Google it? Perhaps there's another forum member will get on with having so much in common, both being Swedish and all. :captain:

To be fair, if you were a "forum elder"

Hmmm, I used the term to cover the small but vociferous group of posters who "gang up" on anyone with the temerity to make what could be, and should be, seen as a humourous observation. Another term, perhaps more suitable, would be Forum Mafia.

This has nothing to do with the length of time registered, more a state of mind.

Hmmm, I used the term to cover the small but vociferous group of posters who "gang up" on anyone with the temerity to make what could be, and should be, seen as a humourous observation. Another term, perhaps more suitable, would be Forum Mafia.

There is no ganging up.

What would you have people do...not post their opinion because it happens to be the same as other people who have already posted?

To imply "ganging up" is to suggest that there is some sort of collusion going on in a more private setting.

Perhaps if those who feel "ganged up" on had a more popular viewpoint they would be the ones accused of being the "Forum Mafia" as people start agreeing with them.

An observation. What do you want? A medal? Would appear harsh, but What do you want? A medal :lol: To me can be seen as a joke, not lazy use of a smiley but I think the smiley makes up for the lack of body language in the written word.

An observation. What do you want? A medal? Would appear harsh, but What do you want? A medal :lol: To me can be seen as a joke, not lazy use of a smiley but I think the smiley makes up for the lack of body language in the written word.

I wouldn't use the expression to dampen the enthusiasm of an excited new boat owner who posts about their new toy on here, smiley or not.

Brilliant, wholly inaccurate but brilliant.

"Mr. Pink Pipe" might be deemed a little homophobic were it not for your boat name "Butty Boy" I assume you did Google it? Perhaps there's another forum member will get on with having so much in common, both being Swedish and all. :captain:

Thanks for the backhanded kind of compliment (i think) at the start. As for the name Butty Boy, this derives from my love of sandwiches (of the bread variety i may hasten to add) and is no way connected with the term 'Batty Boy' to which i think you may be confused with ? This meaning a rather 'Gay' kind of chap.

I'm not sure if i know who you're talking about vis a vis the Swedish Gent> Perhaps you will enlighten me at some point. :cheers:

Sorry I've not been back on , I can only come on the computer in between jobs as I work full time as a cobbler, some guy just been in with a pair of boating plimsolls, had to restitch the backs and change the 6" heel to a 9" presumably so he could see over the tiller arm. :captain:

Thanks for the backhanded kind of compliment (i think) at the start. As for the name Butty Boy, this derives from my love of sandwiches (of the bread variety i may hasten to add) and is no way connected with the term 'Batty Boy' to which i think you may be confused with ? This meaning a rather 'Gay' kind of chap.

I'm not sure if i know who you're talking about vis a vis the Swedish Gent> Perhaps you will enlighten me at some point. :cheers:

Urban Dictionary: butty-boywww.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butty-boyCached - Similar

You +1'd this publicly. Undo

A camp gentleman of Swedish origin, who likes it in the butty.