At last a picture?

aharg

Featured Posts

IMG_0880-1.jpg[/img]

A while back I wanted to post some pictures of the newbuild widebeam we had built in poland and have now been happily living aboard for over a year! I was having a lot of difficulty with the technicalities of posting pictures so I hope this first attempt can be seen ok?

Edited by aharg

8498923151_fbeffe408e_n.jpg

What a brilliant idea thank you! If only it wasnt so early in the morning! :blink:

:banghead:

If you preview post and can't see the image it means you have not quite got the code/insert image protocol right. Once you crack the code/protocol you won't look back. :)

• Greenie 1

Hello aharg,

now that you know how to post your photos, I would love to see some more.

Posting photos is easy, and straightforward, but evenso it took me a while too before I managed.

Where about in Poland was your boat built ?

Cheers,

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

IMG_0880-1.jpg[/img]

A while back I wanted to post some pictures of the newbuild widebeam we had built in poland and have now been happily living aboard for over a year! I was having a lot of difficulty with the technicalities of posting pictures so I hope this first attempt can be seen ok?

Photobucket and maybe other image hosting sites put in the [img= and ] BB code tags for you.

Unfortunately the software on this forum adds them automatically as well if you use the Insert image option, which leaves you with two sets. This is why your image is not displayed above - instead you can see the extra tags.

The answer is just to paste in the copied IMG code from Photobucket directly into your reply text and don't use this forums Insert image option.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, at last I think I have the hang of it using the preview post and self editing the code string!

Peter

I will try to find some more pictures and post them hear of the finished boat and how we have fitted it out gradually over the last year. I have just fitted a back boiler to the squirrel stove to spread the heat from the fire up the 50ft length to heat our bedroom in the bow. Lots of 28mm copper pipe and an old radiator that (litterally) fell out of a van at work! Now moving on to solar pannels as we want to do some extended crusing at some time.

As to where the boat was made the company Viking say of themselves:

"Viking Canal Boats construction yard is based in the town of Wolin, where the ancient fort of Vineta was situated. This village was for a long time home to explorers, warriors, merchants and pirates called the Vikings."

Some people who should know (surveyors, BSS etc ) have been supprised at the quality of welds and steelwork once they know where the boat came from but there is a good industry of steelwork in Poland. As did we!

Best wishes

Andrew

,,,where the ancient fort of Vineta was situated. This village was for a long time home to explorers, warriors, merchants and pirates called the Vikings.",,,

Sounds pretty much like York on a Saturday night.

IMG_0880-1.jpg[/img]

On photobucket choose the Direct Link option and ignore the insert image option on your posting box on here.

IMG_0880-1.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful replies, at last I think I have the hang of it using the preview post and self editing the code string!

Peter

I will try to find some more pictures and post them hear of the finished boat and how we have fitted it out gradually over the last year. I have just fitted a back boiler to the squirrel stove to spread the heat from the fire up the 50ft length to heat our bedroom in the bow. Lots of 28mm copper pipe and an old radiator that (litterally) fell out of a van at work! Now moving on to solar pannels as we want to do some extended crusing at some time.

As to where the boat was made the company Viking say of themselves:

"Viking Canal Boats construction yard is based in the town of Wolin, where the ancient fort of Vineta was situated. This village was for a long time home to explorers, warriors, merchants and pirates called the Vikings."

Some people who should know (surveyors, BSS etc ) have been supprised at the quality of welds and steelwork once they know where the boat came from but there is a good industry of steelwork in Poland. As did we!

Best wishes

Andrew

Thank you very much for your answer, I'm looking forward to see the photos of the fit-out, I'm always interested to see how people use the available space on their boats.

I've heard about Viking, but don't know them, what I know is that there are (were ?) lots of ship yards in Poland that built coasters, tugs and all sorts of other seagoing boats, and they seem to be good for woodwork too, they have good quality wood overthere.

Peter.