lister canalstar spares

Featured Posts

My canalstar has decided it doesn't like stopping anymore, traced fault back to stop solenoid, when connected the relay trip trips, take it out and no problem, so I need another, it has made in Taiwan printed on it, but think best to get genuine bit from a Lister agent, but who to go to......?

I had the same problem a while ago, it turned out to be a matter of adjustment of the stop solenoid.

PDF file here on Marine Engine Services website: http://www.marineeng...%20Solenoid.pdf

Regards

Ditchdabbler

Similar here, lock nut had worked loose and allowed the adjustment screw to move, jamming

the solenoid. Definitely worth a work through the instructions.

And cheaper....:D

Andy

Actually, its almost inaccessible on our boat, but after forcing myself into the little gap between washer and Genny, then growing arms out of one side I did manage to get the solenoid off, but thinking about it, the lock but was fine, but the whole pin was on its last threads. Have to resume odd body position and bolt the thing back on, but if it saves £50 then worth the effort.

I did notice some of the eBay solonoids were as little as £19 plus postage, would these be as good as the dearer ones I wonder?

Actually, its almost inaccessible on our boat, but after forcing myself into the little gap between washer and Genny, then growing arms out of one side I did manage to get the solenoid off, but thinking about it, the lock but was fine, but the whole pin was on its last threads. Have to resume odd body position and bolt the thing back on, but if it saves £50 then worth the effort.

I did notice some of the eBay solonoids were as little as £19 plus postage, would these be as good as the dearer ones I wonder?

I doubt it. One thing I have noticed in all my years of being involved with boats: "You buy cheap, you get cheap"!

To everybody who said Marine Engine Services..Thank You

This whilst not a common problem has cropped up, hence the setup document on the website

I have seen some of these cheap solenoids and they are exactly that .Cheap !

Don't forget if you ring up and ask for me and remind me that you are from CWDF you will get a trade discount on all stock parts, Lister,Isuzu and Canaline

Chris

Edited by Chris-B

Thanks all, Chris , always worth bearing that in mind, but thanks must go dear ditchdabbler, yes, nothing wrong with solenoid, just out of line. All bolted back into place, adjusted, lock nuts lock, turn the key, nothing, engine still running, oh ! Reconnect the wires! Ahh works as treat. Thanks a lot.

Graham

Edited by Mr Gray

just as an alternative,

Sleeman-hawken are also excellent for lister spares and very helpful.

http://www.sleeman-hawken.co.uk/listersailing.html

If they look the same and have the right mechanical/electrical connections I'd have no hesitation in using one. you could buy 3 or 4 of these compared to a 'genuine one' which is probably made in the same chinese factory anyway...

That said I always buy genuine Lister filters but thats a decison I've made purposely, if i needed to save a few bob then i'd mae the effort to look for their equivalents from crossland/fram/coopers or whoever.