Theft from Boat

wiccan

Featured Posts

No need, just switch the pump out fillet cap with the diesel filler cap.

It would be interesting to see the expression on the face of the thief when they started syphoning by sucking it out manually

Biggles may take acception to your correction Matty!

(:rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Na, I don't care.

It would be interesting to see the expression on the face of the thief when they started syphoning by sucking it out manually

There's not much that tastes worse than diesel, but I think you have found it.

Any tips on how to make padlocks not visible?

No I dont think it can be done. The best way is to ensure your boat doesnt have any and fit other locks that dont tell everyone when you are in or out. My present boat has a silly padlock mechanism at the rear but this will be disposed of when I change things in the new year.

Tim

Tim I wasn't taking it personalally. I just can't emphasise enough how important I feel personal and boat security is on a boats like ours because they are easy targets for much of the time. For such a relitvly small sum £100 -£150 a really reliable sophisticated alarm can be self fitted. I know in the motorhome world pretty much everyone takes security much more seriously.

We also up till yesterday had 2 big dogs. Sadly we had to have the elder one put to sleep.

Point taken. :cheers: Sorry about the dog, we had to have our lovely girl put to sleep a few weeks ago and she was only 2 years old, were well gutted. We have a new girl who is my first small dog but she is a sweetie so heres hoping she fares better in her health.

Tim

No I dont think it can be done. The best way is to ensure your boat doesnt have any and fit other locks that dont tell everyone when you are in or out. My present boat has a silly padlock mechanism at the rear but this will be disposed of when I change things in the new year.

Tim

No I couldn't see how it could be easily done. Have thought of a part solution, though. Hinge a decorated piece of wood or, preferably, metal to the top of the hatch. When down it would mostly hide the padlock and flip it up onto the hatch when aboard.