BCN Challenge 2013

Odana

Featured Posts

Now moored up at our start point waiting for rest of our crew. Route planning done with several alternitives on hand depending on time. Might have to go and wait for crew in the pub! Certainly challenging boating in that wind this morning but surprised to see only 2 other boats on the move all day! Hoping for slightly better weather tomorrow but have plenty of coal for the fires just in case.

Tom

Diesel & Dust

Team Tawny Owl currently aground in the bar of the Blue Bell Cider House

Richard

The Blue Bell

I hear bells faintly ringing. Do I know the Blue Bell?

Good beer no food?

Team Cobbett (wooden spoon competitor) is around there somewhere

Richard

Oi! We resemble that remark.

Cobbett's last positioning manoeuvre is completed. We're in the Dog and Doublet for advanced planning. So far, the plan includes three nights on the beer, two lengthy lie-ins and a gourmet five course slap up nosh on Saturday. Unfortunately we've had to blow out meeting Red Wharf at Ocker Hill as we don't think we'll make it in time, given our sleep needs. See you all on Monday.

Wriggly (Ship's Cat)

Edited by wrigglefingers

Okay, plot for tomorrow is resolved. Up at six. Full breakfast followed by industrial strength beverage of choice. Plan discussed and crew drill practiced. Roster numbers and whistle signals assigned. Then back to kip for a few hours. More beverages of choice and a supplementary bacon and egg sarnie to keep the crew going. A swift recce for kindling and the mighty Rayburn lit. Then off. Confidently predicting we should make Salford Junction by nightfall. Mechanical breakdown permitting.

Having a very good time in the Dog and Doublet, mind you. Cheers!

Team Tawny Owl have spent the last hours in silent contemplation of the task ahead. Next will be the formal enrolment, the committal and prayers.

We rise at three to greet the dawn and make the sacrifice

Hope it bloody works this time 'cos I'm dying for a pint

Richard

Twitter hashtag #bcnchallenge

Edited by RLWP

Team Tawny Owl have spent the last hours in silent contemplation of the task ahead. Next will be the formal enrolment, the committal and prayers.

We rise at three to greet the dawn and make the sacrifice

Hope it bloody works this time 'cos I'm dying for a pint

Richard

Twitter hashtag #bcnchallenge

What! A lie-in? And no crew roster? I bet half your crew are still asleep ....

Edited by wrigglefingers

Crew now arrived and drinks consumed. Just time to get a few hrs kip before we set off! Still no boats moored with us! Hope to see you all over the weekend - preferably passing in the opposite direction to us having left all the locks in our favour.

Good luck to all taking part.

Tom

Diesel & Dust