BCN Challenge 2013

Odana

Featured Posts

That's pretty ambitious. It makes very little sense to me, and this is our fourth year

Richard

Oh I do believe in being ambitious. It doesn't mean it'll ever happen, of course, but you've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true

Thanks to everyone for your posts. I enjoyed following some of your travels. I think it's great youi all do the challenge, that's what the BCN needs, more boats. My favourite picture is of boats passing on the Wyrley and Essington, now that is a rarity.

Oh I do believe in being ambitious. It doesn't mean it'll ever happen, of course, but you've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true

Tsk! It was my fourth BCNS Challenge and my main aim is not to collect the wooden spoon. I didn't find it floating about and I'm pretty sure it's not slunk aboard; although with Clarrie not finishing, it's by no means certain.

It was a splendid Challenge this year even though the weather was, well, weird and sunny and all that. Many thanks to Ange and Dave from Iona and Gingervit for crewing and to all of my friends, old and new for being so welcoming and lovely at the end when we were all blinkin' knackered.

Finally, a huge vote of thanks to Roy and John and Brenda of the BCNS for a magnificent event again. We shall see you all at Pelshall in three weeks time.

I see the BCNS have us on their facebook page too, coming out of the top lock at the finish (that decoration looks worth 5 points to me biggrin.png)

429795_376240292486635_546401670_n.jpg

Finally got the boat back at 9:00 last night, so another 10 hour day yesterday, shame the weather was not good yesterday, but great that it was so good Sat and Sun.

Many thanks to the crew of Diesel and Dust, who helped us down Rushall and up Ryders Green.

How many boats took part ?

Apparently 24 (but one may have pulled out last minute)

Tsk! It was my fourth BCNS Challenge and my main aim is not to collect the wooden spoon. I didn't find it floating about and I'm pretty sure it's not slunk aboard; although with Clarrie not finishing, it's by no means certain.

With Clarrie in the DNF category, I think I shall be acquiring some new kitchenware. Hurray!

Finally got the boat back at 9:00 last night, so another 10 hour day yesterday, shame the weather was not good yesterday, but great that it was so good Sat and Sun.

Did you enjoy the lovely crosswind on the mainline? If I'd have had your contact details, I'd have pinged you to tell you which fisherboys not to bother slowing down for. ;)

Apparently 24 (but one may have pulled out last minute)

Catholics, eh?

We thoroughly enjoyed the End-of-challenge afternoon at the pub and promise to make a better effort to participate next year. Keeping Ups- welcome to join Team Poppy. We need committed crew because I'm normally wore out by May and fit only for galley duties unless chivvied out of apathy. You can get lost with us.

With Clarrie in the DNF category, I think I shall be acquiring some new kitchenware. Hurray!

Did you enjoy the lovely crosswind on the mainline? If I'd have had your contact details, I'd have pinged you to tell you which fisherboys not to bother slowing down for. wink.png

Catholics, eh?

Main Line was fine, did not notice any anglers, I must have been going to fast to see them!

What did get me though was between Worcester bar and Salvage turn, the moorings were full, a trip boat was coming the other way and a gust of wind blew me sideways into a moored hire boat. Very embarrassing, I must stop doing this slowing down for moored boats nonsense biggrin.png.

We thoroughly enjoyed the End-of-challenge afternoon at the pub and promise to make a better effort to participate next year. Keeping Ups- welcome to join Team Poppy. We need committed crew because I'm normally wore out by May and fit only for galley duties unless chivvied out of apathy. You can get lost with us.

Thanks, we just might do that

Sitting at home today with the rain lashing down, and the heating on, makes me reflect on what a truly splendid weekend you had for the Challenge. Today the mere concept of sunburn seems alien!

Got as far as Brownhills but the last lap defeated us.

:(

Followed "The Cat" up Factory locks who very kindly set the locks for us.

:)

Hope to do better next year. Great event with great people, thanks to one and all.

Going on the "Explorer" next week, followed by Pelsall.

Got as far as Brownhills but the last lap defeated us.

:(

Followed "The Cat" up Factory locks who very kindly set the locks for us.

Hope to do better next year. Great event with great people, thanks to one and all.

Going on the "Explorer" next week, followed by Pelsall.

Met 'pearl' yesterday who are going on the 'explorer'.

The first few nights we will cover what we did on challenge.

And Wolverhampton, I stayed night before last, when I frit off two youths trying to climb in me cratch!

See you then then

Glenn

Met 'pearl' yesterday who are going on the 'explorer'.

The first few nights we will cover what we did on challenge.

And Wolverhampton, I stayed night before last, when I frit off two youths trying to climb in me cratch!

See you then then

Glenn

Be seeing you