notes from septembers CRT meeting

jenlyn

Featured Posts

They already are! (Though the paper says "clearly", and right now you have to know what you're looking for.)

Indeed. I'm taking it to mean distinguishable from the other side of the canal rather than from 2 feet! Different colour, picture of Somalian pirate, purple triangle background, that sort of thing

Edited by PiRSqwared

CC licences to be distinguishable from proper boaters' boater with mooring licences. Absolutley outrageous.

Samuel Pepys wrote on 7 June 1665:

I did at Marsworth Junction see two or three boats marked with a red cross upon the doors, and "Lord have mercy upon us CCers" writ there - which was a sad sight to me, being the first of that kind that to my remembrance I ever saw.
Edited by carlt

I should imagine most cc ers use there boats for there main residential use. And if they are forced to give up there cc ers rights because they are not seen to be navigating the system it is up to cart to provide more residential moorings instead of turning a blind eye to people living on leisure moorings which i have often seen. So does this mean cart are breaking there own regulations. As the old saying goes " one rule for one and one rule for another "

I notice that one of the major problems is that these scum 'take car parking places and turn off the local community'. I assume then that special dispensation will be given to the gorgeous young hippy women on bikes that are a feature of the K and A.

Edited by Chris Pink

I notice that one of the major problems is that these scum 'take car parking places and turn off the local community'. I assume then that special dispensation will be given to the gorgeous young hippy women on bikes that are a feature of the K and A.

A less enlightened person might ask for a picture...:D

We have to display an additional (not just a different one) permit to show our entitlement to use a CRT LTM, why not expect some body who is entitled to CC to do something similar?

Edited by The Dog House

I should imagine most cc ers use there boats for there main residential use. And if they are forced to give up there cc ers rights because they are not seen to be navigating the system it is up to cart to provide more residential moorings

No it isn't.

From where did you get the idea that "I want to live on a boat" equates to "It is up to CRT to make provision for me to do so"

I should imagine most cc ers use there boats for there main residential use. And if they are forced to give up there cc ers rights because they are not seen to be navigating the system it is up to cart to provide more residential moorings instead of turning a blind eye to people living on leisure moorings which i have often seen. So does this mean cart are breaking there own regulations. As the old saying goes " one rule for one and one rule for another "

Surely - - if a Ccer chooses not to adhere to the terms of Ccing, and he/she wishes to stay in a place for an extended period - then all he/she has to do is arrange for a mooring, whether it be CaRT, or a marina, or a farmer's offside (etc) is up to them.

Surely - - if a Ccer chooses not to adhere to the terms of Ccing, and he/she wishes to stay in a place for an extended period - then all he/she has to do is arrange for a mooring, whether it be CaRT, or a marina, or a farmer's offside (etc) is up to them.

Agreed it is up to the boater to find a mooring but if he or she lives on the boat then a residential mooring is required i wonder how many residential boaters live on a leisure mooring. If cart are going to try and make it work so let them provide more residential moorings that should provide more income but price them sensibily unlike the recent online 70ft leisure mooring that went for £2800. But i suppose thats down to the person having more money than sense.

Sally Ash's report was most enlightening. She sees non-compliant cc'ing as a problem caused by 2000 boaters but in John Dodwell's introduction he says 2000 cc'ers do less than 10km per year.

To me, this reads as: If I were a cc'er and I did more than 10km per year, I wouldn't be included in that 2000 and therefore I wouldn't be classed as causing a problem.

If I was being prosecuted by CaRT for non-compliance, I'd be using this information in my defense.

Have CaRT finally, but inadvertantly, defined 'bona-fide navigation'???

We have to display an additional (not just a different one) permit to show our entitlement to use a CRT LTM, why not expect some body who is entitled to CC to do something similar?

And why not paint the houses of the unemployed different to the ones who work but lets not stop there let the disabled, ethnic miniorities all have different coloured houses that way we should have an idea of the person living in the house. Discrimination springs to mind.

And why not paint the houses of the unemployed different to the ones who work but lets not stop there let the disabled, ethnic miniorities all have different coloured houses that way we should have an idea of the person living in the house. Discrimination springs to mind.

What you need to realise Les, is that discrimination is a Good Thing.

How else will a normal boater know exactly who these scum are?

Edited by Chris Pink

So am I being discriminated against then? - because I'm obliged to display a permit that shows I have an entitlement to use a LTM.

Tosh,

Edited by The Dog House

No it isn't.

From where did you get the idea that "I want to live on a boat" equates to "It is up to CRT to make provision for me to do so"

If for a reason you could no longer cc a residential mooring would be required to live permantly on your boat, so if there are not enough residential moorings what do you do ? Cart could not take your boat away from you to make you homeless otherwise the council would need to rehome you. Therefore it is up to cart to make somemoney and provide more residential moorings surely its not rocket science. Just as there is a lack or shortage of houses residential moorings are the same.

If for a reason you could no longer cc a residential mooring would be required to live permantly on your boat, so if there are not enough residential moorings what do you do ? Cart could not take your boat away from you to make you homeless otherwise the council would need to rehome you. Therefore it is up to cart to make somemoney and provide more residential moorings surely its not rocket science. Just as there is a lack or shortage of houses residential moorings are the same.

Actually a start would be to press into service the moorings that already exist and ensure that those that are given up come back into the auction process as soon as they are given up - actually I would say as soon as an existing moorer gives notice.

As I understand it though it's not within CRT's sole jurisdiction to suddenly designate or create moorings that are residential - am I wrong on this?