Melton and Oakham Waterways

Theo

Featured Posts

I thought that I would let you know about the new web site for MOWS. It's at http://vets4less.co.uk/mows. I have put up some pics of the new junction bridge which is being built to give navigable headroom up the navigation and wheelchair access along the Sustrans path.

The proper domain name www.meltonwaterways.co.uk still points to the old site. I am waiting for the transfer formalities to be completed.

Hope that you approve of the site so far. Plans for the future development include a time line for the whole history of the waterways some way into the future to show what we intend to achieve.

Nick

Edited by Theo
Add a bit

Ho, hum...

I was looking for comments like "What a beautiful site!" or "How lovely!" or even "You must have worked for hours on that!" but no, it just drifts further and further down the page until it threatens to sink into oblivion on page 2.

unsure.gif

blush.gif

blink.gif

Nick

PS I hope that you appreciate the subtle way in which I have bumped it up to the top.

Joking aside, I have now had a proper look at it and it is an excellent site.

Now that's what I call a proper reply. Carl is obviously a man of discernment,

N

I like it - clear and easy to navigate. Funny to see how MOWS has grown in the last 15 years (eek). One suggestion - it'd be good to have more picture captions in the gallery, if possible!

Picture captions will be added as soon as I get the time and information. I only became involved with MOWS in the past three weeks or so when I came to the conclusion that it was better to travel 10 miles to help them rather than 30 miles to volunteer in Leicester.

N

Thanks for the encouragement people.

N

Edited by Theo

There is something odd happening in Chrome on this page:

http://vets4less.co.uk/MOWS/junction%20bridge%20build.htm

If I click on an image, it enlarges. When it disappears, the labels appear. Sometimes I can see the labels behind the pictures

Personally, I'd like these to work as a slideshow, clicking one after another is a pain

Hope this helps

Richard

There is something odd happening in Chrome on this page:

http://vets4less.co....dge%20build.htm

If I click on an image, it enlarges. When it disappears, the labels appear. Sometimes I can see the labels behind the pictures

Personally, I'd like these to work as a slideshow, clicking one after another is a pain

Hope this helps

Richard

Thanks, Richard. I use Chrome too and I get the unintended effects. I need to have a look at this. I suspect that it is me rather than Chrome.

The slide show is something that I will have a look at in a day or two.

N

I like the site.

It needs more me :wacko:

Can I also suggest a paypal link for donations, and an online way of getting membership. IMO this is a must for the information age.

More you? I have linked to the CWDF topic where there is lots of you. If there is any other appropriate way in which I can include more of you I would be pleased to oblige. Do let me know.

I will look into both of these in due course. I need to get permission from the Committee to action these, though.

Nick

Edited by Theo
To add a bit

More you? I have linked to the CWDF topic where there is lots of you. If there is any other appropriate way in which I can include more of you I would be pleased to oblige. Do let me know.

Not to worry, I have a cunning plan...

Can i suggest that external links are added pointing to..

The Ramblers

The National Fish botherers society

WRG

BCU

Edited by fuzzyduck

Not to worry, I have a cunning plan...

Can i suggest that external links are added pointing to..

The Ramblers

The National Fish botherers society

WRG

BCU

Done that lot. Now to sort out the peculiar behaviour of the labels on the Junction Bridge page.

Nick

Done that lot. Now to sort out the peculiar behaviour of the labels on the Junction Bridge page.

Nick

I have removed the labels for the time being until I have time to sort out a better method.

I have set up the Junction Bridge Build page with a slide show. I hope that you like it. I will set about the main gallery in due course.

Does anyone have a web based map of the positions of the locks on the Melton Naviagation and the Oakham Canal? If not I will have to go to the library...

Nick

I have removed the labels for the time being until I have time to sort out a better method.

I have set up the Junction Bridge Build page with a slide show. I hope that you like it. I will set about the main gallery in due course.

Does anyone have a web based map of the positions of the locks on the Melton Naviagation and the Oakham Canal? If not I will have to go to the library...

Nick

Slide shows done of all 11 pages of the gallery. That's it with this site until someone tells me that they want something else or there is something wrong.

N

Hi...

The contact email for Linda Hume is missing

Linda should pick up the mowsnewsletters@gmail.com emails. I have set up mows gmail addresses for all the contacts to keep their private inboxes off the web site and help them to keep MOWS business separate. I do notice, though that my name appears when Gmail opens. That is easily fixed. I will do it now...

Nick

Edited by Theo

• 2 years later...

the MOWS are now going full steam ahead with plans to restore the navigation from Syston to Melton and need all the support they can get. Membership is only seven quid a year, the target is perfectly feasible, and another 14 miles of navigable waterway is a distinct probability, maybe even in my lifetime!