Insurance

dominicebs

Featured Posts

This comes up quite often, Dominic, if you search past threads you will find that lots of us tend to name our own insurers and recommend them.

So, if I may start*, Collidge & Partners of (I think) Maidstone. Been insured with them for donkey's ages, they have always seemed fair. We have also used GJW in Liddypool, who made a fuss and barked a bit but paid up in the end.

* sorry, make that "continue".

Edited by Athy

I left them because they charged a commission of (IIRC) £25 on top of the basic premium, whereas Saga, my present insurers, with the same underwriters and same policy, do not charge this. No good if you're under 50 of course........

At last - a benefit to being over 50 -

Towergate Mardon. I've been with them going on 7 years.

I put in a claim for a theft for business equipment (stolen from under my seat on the tube -an absolute nightmare at the time) and they paid out no quibble. I have no complaints and would recommend them to anyone.

They are good for liveaboard, they pretty much insure anything you keep as a liveaboard (personal items, business items, pushbikes tenders etc.) which is more than I can say for the domestic insurers when we rented a house.

As for whether they are cheaper or not, I've no idea.

Navigators and General

Yes totally endorse this. Why?

I recently had a brand new (ok 4 days old) bike stolen. With accessories worth about £400. Policy linit on bikes £250 max. Fully expected this as settlement. Received over £360 because the kindly classed the accessories as contents.

Top marks to Nav and Gen.

Only sball criticism was a little slhw. But the evd justified the extra few days delay.

I recommend going direct rather than thro a broker.

Phone no is 01273. 863450

Yes totally endorse this. Why?

I recently had a brand new (ok 4 days old) bike stolen. With accessories worth about £400. Policy linit on bikes £250 max. Fully expected this as settlement. Received over £360 because the kindly classed the accessories as contents.

Top marks to Nav and Gen.

Only sball criticism was a little slhw. But the evd justified the extra few days delay.

I recommend going direct rather than thro a broker.

Phone no is 01273. 863450

I upset my broker by negotiating a price reduction directly