Water Tank Gauge

Tony A

Featured Posts

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy fit water guage. I have a 150 gall s/s tank.

I bought something like this: Ebay clicky. and fitted it in the pipe from the water pump. I note the reading when I fill up and I know the size of the tank, so that gives me current contents accurate to better than 10l.

MP.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy fit water guage. I have a 150 gall s/s tank.

Yes, the mid service centre one like this. Fits on to the outlet of the tank and measures the head of water. The only down side is that it does not read correctly when the pump is running but that is not really a problem. We are very pleased with ours.

Yes, the mid service centre one like this. Fits on to the outlet of the tank and measures the head of water. The only down side is that it does not read correctly when the pump is running but that is not really a problem. We are very pleased with ours.

Seconded. We got ours many years ago. Best 63 quid we ever spent.

• 4 weeks later...

How much are the Mcs water tank gauges No idea mine came with the boat are they easy to fit Yes, just cut the pipe after the isolation valve and insert and are they accurate Yes, they come with instructions to adjust, for the tank it is fitted to. Cheers

I've never found the need for one, I just look at the water level on the stem post. The more weed I can see, the emptier the tank. 2" of weed is 2/3 full, 4" about a third. More than 5" means time to fill the tank.

That's how I do it :)

At the moment I'm running on a wing and a prayer though. Just blacked the hull and waiting for the weed to grow back.

..... still... if I can't see the weed, I must be full :lol:

That's how I do it :)

At the moment I'm running on a wing and a prayer though. Just blacked the hull and waiting for the weed to grow back.

..... still... if I can't see the weed, I must be full :lol:

I have been amazed at how long my water tank has lasted until I remembered that I had been blacked recently... fortunately I wasn't mid shower when it ran out (for a change)