toilets

moam1

Featured Posts

I see Martyn, sorry i tend to type to quick for my brain and sometimes get all mixed up.

The large double action whale type hand bilge pumps are very good and cheaper.

I think Jabsco-Cleghorn Waring also sell pumpout kits. Its all quite simple to mount them on a board with a meaty DC switch and cables of adequate thickness with possible crocodile clips to connect to a battery. They might even do small mains powered ones, i don't know. :cheers:

The mains powered ones are best but need a large inverter to drive them, they do a 500w one and also a 350w, the former is a bit big for an inverter due to high start up load. DC ones are a bit weedy especially if P/O outlet is on the roof and requires a high lift.

Cost will depend on where you are, got charged £20 last year, one other place I know it is £12 and you do it with there equipment.

We live aboard and two of us the tank lasts about 8 to 10 weeks depends on how much we use other facilities when away from the boat.

Not connected but if out and about on the canals there are a plethora of trees that you can study the bark of, for insect life etc...

Trees, insects, etc, and play games like hide and seek! A 'barrel' of laughs to be had!

will buy myself some land then.that should do it

Well, it might....

However;

1. Even if you buy some land, you have to get permission from CRT for a mooring.
  2. You will have to pay CRT for that mooring.
  3. Whilst you will then have the right to remain in a particular locality for more than 14 days, you will not (other than when actually moored to your piece of land) be able to remain stationary for more than 14 days.

Well, it might....

However;

1. Even if you buy some land, you have to get permission from CRT for a mooring.
  2. You will have to pay CRT for that mooring.
  3. Whilst you will then have the right to remain in a particular locality for more than 14 days, you will not (other than when actually moored to your piece of land) be able to remain stationary for more than 14 days.

ok i guess thats out then.many thanks mayalld

<snip>

LOOKING TO BUY A BOAT .AS SPLITTING UP AND CANT PAY FOR A HOUSE

<snip>

This has alarm bells ringing for me, I appreciate that you are doing research at the moment. When this has come up before, some boaters find that owning and living on a boat costs about the same as living in a house

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

This has alarm bells ringing for me, I appreciate that you are doing research at the moment. When this has come up before, some boaters find that owning and living on a boat costs about the same as living in a house

Richard

thanks but i think it will be cheap at half the price .as will be continuous boating every two weeks .so will get to see most if not all the water ways.this is why i want to know about tvs washing machines pc for online schooling.going to get a big gen.to run the power of washing machines.am looking forward to it .her in doors can get the hell out of my life then.i only want to see the children.if they want to stay with me then that will be fine.thank you richard ps do you know anything about online schooling.this would be a great help to me if you do

Edited by moam1

70 gallon one filled via Sealand dump through lasts 2 weeks - 3 weeks at a pinch for a couple. Using a short flush helps.

I've paid between £14 and £20 (included blue) outside marina's in Midlands and the North. I believe BW/CART pump out cards cost £15.

70 gallon one filled via Sealand dump through lasts 2 weeks - 3 weeks at a pinch for a couple. Using a short flush helps.

I've paid between £14 and £20 (included blue) outside marina's in Midlands and the North. I believe BW/CART pump out cards cost £15.

That's a lot of usage. We have a Sealand dump through with a tank that is only one half of that size (usable capacity 35 gallons) and that lasts us two weeks or three at a pinch. We reckon that normal usage including flush water contributes 1 gallon per person per day.

That's a lot of usage. We have a Sealand dump through with a tank that is only one half of that size (usable capacity 35 gallons) and that lasts us two weeks or three at a pinch. We reckon that normal usage including flush water contributes 1 gallon per person per day.

Clearly Freud influenced you more than us ;)

Seriously the figures are not just mine but based on a cross-section of owners with boats from the same builder.

And a large double action whale hand type bilge pump should be more powerful and can be quicker than an electric one, and give you arm muscles like Arnold Swartzawottsit.

I don't know for sure, i don't have a pumpout bog, its just what i've heard and a BW worker once told me that BW didn't like it being done, whether there are designated places to do it or not i don't know.

BW/ whatever don't like it because the output pipe (usually layflat hose tends to thrash about and flood the neighbourthood...

A more valid point is that the bucket-and-chuckit facilities are of low capacity so fill up quickly when used for pumpouts. My tankage is 60 gallons...

Although I'm used to workinig with liquids (*!), I find flushing the hose after us is a complete pain and impossible to clean efffectively.

A cassette loo is much easier to use.... (I don't have one!)

Clearly Freud influenced you more than us ;)

Seriously the figures are not just mine but based on a cross-section of owners with boats from the same builder.

We get about 3 weeks as well. We could do better if I watered the hedge more often and we made a point of using pub and CaRT facilities more

will keep on the move every two weeks.this way i get to see all the cannals.if i like the place will stay longer

please tell me what a pumpout kit costs .thank you

Self pumpout kits were spawned by Satan.

N