Inspection camera - special buy today at ALDI

Québec

Featured Posts

I checked this out too, 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

But it actually isn't. It's 15cm to 1 metre meet the IP67 spec. The test is done at 1 metre but in still water. It's possible to pass the test and yet leak in a shower.

But it actually isn't. It's 15cm to 1 metre meet the IP67 spec. The test is done at 1 metre but in still water. It's possible to pass the test and yet leak in a shower.

The mind boggles as to what you would be doing with one of those in the shower with the shower on!

It looks like a rebadged version of the one I bought from Maplins, works a treat but it has got its limitations, I had visions of being able to see vast swathes of bottom plate under the floorboards but due to limited light output only close ups are realistic, a bit like being in the middle of the Sahara at night with only a torch trying to make out landmarks. Same with the prop, great very close up (split pin looms up like the Titanic's!) but becomes a blank fog at more than a couple of inches away in cana water.

Good bit of kit though if you accept it's limitations.

Can you tell me how long was delivery ?? i didnt get mine :wacko:

Don't think mine's arrived yet either, been on the boat, sometimes stuff from HK China Etc comes quickly 5/6 days, sometimes takes ages, I've never YET had a non delivery though and have ordered lots of stuff from Asia over the years. Average is 7 to 9 days in my experience, but have on occasions exceeded 21 days.

still waiting for mine ordered 29/Aug. I dont think its the shipping that slows it up ..some of these chinese have been bitten by pay pal re calling the money so I think some wait up to 14 days before they post or they wait for orders to build up to get in bulk supplies .....Still £12 is cheap..

I bought a very similar 'Endoscope' camera a few months ago to look inside chassis rails.

It seems similar to the £12.00 offering mentioned in this thread.

I upgraded the software to the free Yawcam.

They only seem to have Windows versions, the current download is slightly under 4.5MB, the supplier is maintaining development progress.

It says USB2, but I've found it will work on the slower USB1, it's just that there is an understandable slight delay in the image updating as the camera moves.

The software will enable you to create a movie file, so that later you can both review and share what you have seen. It can be quite difficult to view a laptop screen outside while at the same time control the camera position.

The camera I have will work in daylight, I've just tested through the window at the Garden. It will tend to white out if pointed to the sky.

As already mentioned, when used in the dark, the built-in lights are only effective in a very small bubble around the lens. This is adequate it you are poking the camera down a sink waste or similar, but not good if in a 3" x 5" chassis member. I got round this by creating a holder that attached a small torch to the side of the camera.

Search 'Cree LED' on Ebay, and for less than a fiver (spent in the Far East) you can get something that runs on 3xAA batteries, but is bright enough to burn your retinas, if you are that daft. I see the current torch offerings are even brighter than the one I bought a few months ago (3Watts / 240 Lumens, the advert said then).

If you are using in a large area, rather than a pipe, your next challenge is to physically control the camera to keep the picture the right way up, and to move left / right, up / down, as required.

I picked up a spiral steel flexible drain cleaner from Aldi, or Lidl, which, with a little modification, will help significantly, for my purposes. Some original thinking and fabrication is required.

HTH

...mine only seems to have infinity focus and if used in daylight just whites out..the controls on the software dont seem to work ..ie auto exposure which with the focus is the main problem

Sounds like a faulty unit. I suggest you inform the supplier and get him to send you another.

Mine works fine in daylight, focuses really close (close-ups of teeth are indeed scary) or infinity, and works with both Yawcam and the supplied software RsCap1.10.

Tony

Sounds like a faulty unit. I suggest you inform the supplier and get him to send you another.

Mine works fine in daylight, focuses really close (close-ups of teeth are indeed scary) or infinity, and works with both Yawcam and the supplied software RsCap1.10.

Tony

Yeah ours works fine in daylight as well, you could use it as a security cam during the day and watch the world go by. Close up is really good too, just for a bit of fun 12 quid is a bargain, but it's going to be a really useful tool when I add some extra sockets in the linings so I avoid hitting other cables/pipes etc

They promised 20/30 working days but it turned up, air mail & no custom hassles, in eight days.

taslim.

I contacted them yesturday, they assured me i would have it very soon and they except full responcibility if it fails to arive, i got it later in the morning, sound like a top eb^yer to me.

Have tried it out and am so shocked at the tobacco staines at the back of my teath, i gave up 9 yrs ago. :angry:

..................................... your next challenge is to physically control the camera to keep the picture the right way up, and to move left / right, up / down, as required.

HTH

I have been using one similar to the one shown by the OP for BSS examinations for some years now I have found the above comment describes it's greatest limitation. Not knowing which way is up, left or right makes moving the camera in the direction you wish difficult. Given the opportunity to spend money again for such a device, I would spend a little more and ensure that the camera picture can be rotated 360 degrees to any position so that the screen moves in the same direction as you think you are moving the camera. (Difficult to explain until you actually have to do this!)

Edited by Radiomariner