Tixall Wide

Tuscan

Featured Posts

We are coming off the Coventry onto Trent & Mersey today going to Middlewich but we want to spend a couple of days Tixall Wide. Question can you wind easily on the wide with 3' draft?

Thanks for your help

It is a lovely stretch, you can pass the long term limpet at speed and know that his "Slow Down For Moreons" sign is apt.

sorry, did I spell that worng?

You can do whatever takes your fancy, practice reversing, loop the loop.

although it was a bit embarrasing when I got stuck on the lock exit coming down.!!dredging needed after chopping down trees BW.

We are coming off the Coventry onto Trent & Mersey today going to Middlewich but we want to spend a couple of days Tixall Wide. Question can you wind easily on the wide with 3' draft?

Thanks for your help

Loads of room but it does get a bit shallow on the far side (away from the towpath) .... I ran aground a few years ago trying to wind just by putting the helm over and keeping going forward! I would suggest not going further than half way across but still loads of space. Have a great trip!