Today's the day (part 2)

Featured Posts

Today's the day when my crew (Sara) and I start the journey from Calveley to Pilling lock marina in my new home "Mister B" ,the original route was going to be via "heartbreak hill" and the Harecastle tunnel ,unfortunately Sara has damaged her shoulder (and my healths not great at the moment),so we're going down to Audlem now ,as apparently this will be less strenuous ?, please give us a wave if you see us or at least give me plenty of room !.

Jerry

sorry for not posting yesterday but I had no signal :rolleyes: , now stopped at Market Drayton to "water up",has a bit of an issue yesterday,i got close to the bank at Nantwich aquaduct, and Sweep decided to jump ship for a pee :rolleyes: ,also had a bit of an engine problem this morning ,nothing serious and all sorted now (many thanks to Dick Goble) who just happened to be in the area ,apart from that things are going really well and I'm absolutley loving my new life style.

jerry

Yes what a shame about the lack of signal at the base of Adderley yesterday? - We might have known there was just a bridgehole separating us otherwise!

I can confirm that Sara has all the hallmarks of a proper boater as she managed to describe to us perfectly about how the strange ratchety noise had been found to be caused by some recently fitted shims that appear to have expanded during the hot weather and cuased a hiccup even though she professed to know nothing about "oily things" at all.

Thanks very much for joining us to make up a quiz team for The Talbot's quiz night last night. It was a very great pity that none of the questions seemed to have a correct answer that was your offering of "Daisy" but keep trying Jerry - one day that answer will be a correct one for a quiz somehere :P (I don't think "Team Banterees" discraced themsleves by coming second at all and it was a very good job we had Sara's input for some of the questions or we would have been lost - a shame we did not listen to her for a few more ;)

:cheers:

This is what a happy new boat owner looks like:

307009_10150909721704070_1675535339_n.jpg

Of course he will not be as happy when he sees I posted a photo of his pride and joy with a fine dusting of blossom on the roof without giving him a chance to sweep it off first.

This was taken coming through The Tyrley flight

After a very cold miserable ,wet day's cruising or was it cursing ? ,we are now moored up outside Calf Heath marina ,we've said our farewells to Cheshire rose and Dave who's trip to Chester is now over ,we are now on our own again for the rest of the journey to pillings lock , :cheers: to them both for all the hints and tips over the last few days.

we made good use of the nice weather today ,after leaving Calf Heath marina this morning in glorious sunshine ,we pressed on and are now moored up at Little Haywood ,unforunatly the local shop is shut until 8.00 am tomorrow ,so no choclate tonight :(

After calling in at Mercia marina to drop some Kart tyres off for Sanford ,we're now moored between Barrow upon Trent and Swarkstone ,we decided not to move yesterday as it was raining ( see above post by Cheshire Rose),today was only raining a little bit ,but it was very windy ! ,this made getting into and out of the marina very interesting to say the least ,heading towards Derwent mouth then the river Soar tomorrow all being well ?

After calling in at Mercia marina to drop some Kart tyres off for Sanford ,we're now moored between Barrow upon Trent and Swarkstone ,we decided not to move yesterday as it was raining ( see above post by Cheshire Rose),today was only raining a little bit ,but it was very windy ! ,this made getting into and out of the marina very interesting to say the least ,heading towards Derwent mouth then the river Soar tomorrow all being well ?

You will pass me today on your approach to Shardlow. There is a bit of fresh on the Trent below Sawley but nowt to worry about. Have a nice day.

Tim

We're now stuck at Derwent Mouth ,both the Trent and Soar warning lights are on red so i might be here few a few days ? ,my crew Sara has be back home for an appointment on Wednesday ,so I'll probably be doing the rest of the journey single handed ! ,

We're now stuck at Derwent Mouth ,both the Trent and Soar warning lights are on red so i might be here few a few days ? ,my crew Sara has be back home for an appointment on Wednesday ,so I'll probably be doing the rest of the journey single handed ! ,

Enjoy!

Still stuck at Derwent lock ,one of the boss's from Sawley marina recons it might be ok to move on Tuesday ,the red warning light for the river Soar is now out ,but the Sawley cut remains closed .

The Sawley cut doesn't close, it just shows into the red/amber and green. You can still enter the flood lock at the top, and then exit the lock at the bottom. There is only as much water in the river now as when I came back from the Loughborough banter.

There has been several boats coming off the Trent up to the Soar today.