Painting

NB Ragtime

Featured Posts

Looking for a recommendation for a fairly local boat painter (the boats at Napton) - I've had one or two, but the more the better - be good to hear from someone who is still happy with the job 2or 3 years on - it's an expensive business & I want it to last.

Looking for a recommendation for a fairly local boat painter (the boats at Napton) - I've had one or two, but the more the better - be good to hear from someone who is still happy with the job 2or 3 years on - it's an expensive business & I want it to last.

Not very local, but John Sanderson at Dadfords wharf, Stourbridge is worth a try. We moor at Napton but are travelling through Birmingham later this year to have our boat painted by him in August. There are several forum members who have had their boats painted by him recently, and are very pleased with the result. I have seen two of them and agree that he does a good job.

He has a website, but it isn't working properly at the moment :- http://www.narrowboatpainting.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx His phone number is 01384 485564

A bit nearer to Napton, we had ours painted by Blue Haven Marine next to the Royal Oak above Hillmorton. We selected them primarily because our boat has black sides and we knew they had plenty of experience with black gloss (they used to paint the Stealth Hire fleet). They fully repainted it 7 years ago, then did some touching up 4 years ago. Are we pleased with their work? Well yes totally happy, and we're booked in there later this year again, to completely re-do the roof and gunwales and apply another coat of black gloss to the sides.

Hi

-

You could also speak to Oxon Boatpainting Co at Brinklow. I've worked with Mark and Chris before. Also Mike Looby at Heyford Fields Marina on the GU, he does an excellent job, we've worked togeether for many years. I'd also give a thumbs up for John Sanderson if you're willing to travel as well as Mark Clamp, trading as Stem to Stern Narrowboat Painters, currently working at Stratford. All these people will do an excellent job, as a boat decorator and signwriter I speak from experience! Good luck with the search, call me on 07831 243001 if I can help further.

Cheers

Dave

Rob Bryan at Stoke Golding on the Ashby has got to be the one. He works out of a tent by the Ashby Boat Company. Result is first class and he uses a really good signwriter. Give him a call on 07748951837 or 01455213255 and go and have a look at his work. You'll be well impressed.

• Greenie 1

Hi

-

You could also speak to Oxon Boatpainting Co at Brinklow. I've worked with Mark and Chris before. Also Mike Looby at Heyford Fields Marina on the GU, he does an excellent job, we've worked togeether for many years. I'd also give a thumbs up for John Sanderson if you're willing to travel as well as Mark Clamp, trading as Stem to Stern Narrowboat Painters, currently working at Stratford. All these people will do an excellent job, as a boat decorator and signwriter I speak from experience! Good luck with the search, call me on 07831 243001 if I can help further.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

A second for Oxon Boat Painters - had mine repainted by them last year - nice people to deal with and results excellent.

Leo.

A enormous third vote for John Sanderson - Cobbett was finished two years ago and she looks as good today as she did when she left the dock. Plus, John is the loveliest bloke and a mine of useful and entertaining information. Meg Gregory and Ol' Grumpy did the signwriting and it's superb.

Wanting it to last? Much of this maybe in the paint. MARQUIS was repainted in September 2009 in Craftmaster paint. She was last polished in September last year and still I get comments everyday on the paint job. And she's RED! James