Bank Holiday Weekend

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Well after nearly six months we hope to be taking the Gerbster on her trials this weekend. To say we are both excited is an understatement, I just hope that nothing goes wrong! The weather forcast gives a frost so the old hurricane and stove will get a thorough try out at least!

Exciting times indeed, BD! Forgive me if you have mentioned her in previous posts or threads, but what is the story of Gerbera? Is she a boat which you have had built new, an old one which you have restored/ refitted, or what?

Exciting times indeed, BD! Forgive me if you have mentioned her in previous posts or threads, but what is the story of Gerbera? Is she a boat which you have had built new, an old one which you have restored/ refitted, or what?

No real story Athy I'm afraid. She's a new build as I have neither the time nor the skill to carry out a self fit out. That said since I joined the forum I'm pretty certain I'd make a better fist of it than I would've previously such is the vast array of knowledge on here. We hope to retire to her when I'm done with the coalface.

Boondock

Edited by Boondock

No real story Athy I'm afraid. She's a new build as I have neither the time nor the skill to carry out a self fit out. That said since I joined the forum I'm pretty certain I'd make a better fist of it than I would've previously such it the vast array of knowledge on here. We hope to retire to her when I'm done with the coalface.

Boondock

Don't be so modest, Boony, having a new boat built is an exciting process, sometimes with unexpected twists and turns, as I know from personal experience. From planning your boat with the builder, seeing the baseplate laid down, watching the boat developing each time you visit the builder's yard, to that heart-stopping moment when she's put in the water for the first time and you wonder if she'll float or plunge to the bottom, it's a tremendous adventure, for you and for your bank account.

I did not know that there were coal mines in Cambridgeshire! ;)

Hi,

"May well encounter Phylis,mrsmelly and Wrinkley by the sounds of it."

so might we, booked to lock out of W Stockwith at 7am on Saturday, then into Torksey whenever we arrive.

What is Wrinkley's boat name?

cheers, David

Hi,

"May well encounter Phylis,mrsmelly and Wrinkley by the sounds of it."

so might we, booked to lock out of W Stockwith at 7am on Saturday, then into Torksey whenever we arrive.

What is Wrinkley's boat name?

cheers, David

We will definately see you then. Should pass you on the Trent. We leave Torksey at about 8.45-9.00am. Will save a wave for you as well :D

We were going to the Kyme Festival but after spending over a week stuck in Loughborough we'll hang around in the hope that the River Soar eases off over the weekend so we can get the boat to Nottingham.

Bugger - I won't see you there. I shall be there Saturday afternoon at lunchtime with my owd boy and his owd boy

So we'll not see you in the Hume Arms you'll not get to meet Sebastian (the randy silverback) in the flesh and l'il Oscar George

I'm thinking about loading an air bed bed and duvet into the back of the car so that my plans can be as flexible as can be and then I can be there Sunday as well.....and maybe Monday

Edited because I hadn't read your post properly Ange so I now realise you won't be coming after all

Edited by Bazza2

Bugger - I won't see you there. I shall be there Saturday afternoon at lunchtime with my owd boy and his owd boy

So we'll not see you in the Hume Arms you'll not get to meet Sebastian (the randy silverback) in the flesh and l'il Oscar George

I'm thinking about loading an air bed bed and duvet into the back of the car so that my plans can be as flexible as can be and then I can be there Sunday as well.....and maybe Monday

Edited because I hadn't read your post properly Ange so I now realise you won't be coming after all

I read your post just before I left work and was a tad confused! Tis a great shame - we were really looking forward to it but my poor parents are seeing a big hole being eaten in their two months away while they sit in Loughborough so we really need to be here and hope for a window of opportunity. Probably a vain hope unfortunately, all the locals are shaking their heads sagely and telling us it'll be at least another week before we can escape!

Hey ho - Snibble's thread puts everything in perspective.