small bath

a.p.now

Featured Posts

i dont seem to be abel to track down one of the oober little baths that make deep showertrays also. the last one i saw was about 4 feet squer with a little seat built in to it. can enyone shed eny light? :cheers:

I've always thought this is what I'd put in our boat if I was redoing the bathroom. Carron's is called a 'sit bath' (1200 x 700), Bette's is a 'seat bath' (1500 x 700) and there's also a Bette 'hip bath' which is a bit shorter. There's Trojan's Kent Sit In Bath (1200 x 700) which, at around £141 seems to be easily the most reasonably priced.

Is this what you meant??

Edited by Jo_

I got my "sit-bath" from Midland Chandlers. It's about 4' x 2'. Much better thana shower base and you can use it for washing clothes as well.. Use it for 'navy showers' and you use very little water.

Ive used a number of these in past boats, made originally by Thompson Plastics and sold by Midland Chandlers.

There was a straight version at about 2 X 4 foot as mentioned above, also a corner model with a rounded front edge I seem to remember.

Mike.

Related to this-where can I get a small handbasin < 400L x 100D x 190mmW?

These can easily be made from a Quality Street toffee tin,a pleasing shape too,there's millions of them about after Christmas ''very useful''just make a hole for the waste and let it into your unit. The lids make a good tray for serving drinks on, so nothings wasted.

Edited by bizzard

These can easily be made from a Quality Street toffee tin,a pleasing shape too,there's millions of them about after Christmas ''very useful''just make a hole for the waste and let it into your unit. The lids make a good tray for serving drinks on, so nothings wasted.

I was thinking more in terms of a plastic 5 ltr oil can with the side cut out. The screw cap end being utilised as an overflow, and the handle making it truly portable

I was thinking more in terms of a plastic 5 ltr oil can with the side cut out. The screw cap end being utilised as an overflow, and the handle making it truly portable

Yes that has possibilities,it wouldn't go rusty either.

I believe theres an endless choice of colours too

Morris's oil cans are a nicely appropriate dark aqua blue,the handle would be useful too if you wished to put it on the floor as a foot bath.

It's not for me, it's for the wife-it's got to be white, no other colour will do (that's why the cream hip bath has had to be replaced by a white shower). She wants something professional. Are there any bespoke porcelain or plastic craftsmen out there?

It's not for me, it's for the wife-it's got to be white, no other colour will do (that's why the cream hip bath has had to be replaced by a white shower). She wants something professional. Are there any bespoke porcelain or plastic craftsmen out there?

Soldthehouse is,with plastic oil cans anyway. Seriously though,why not adapt a white washing up bowl from Wilkinsons they're only a £ or so.

STC's small bath is not what I need having looked into it, so whoever was next up, fill yer boots!

Hip bathes are very easy to make out of an old tea chest,just cut half of one side out,put a seat in it seal it with waterproofing and paint it white gloss and Bobs yer uncle.