Midland Chandlers

Ralph Claydon

Featured Posts

We went to the one at Mercia on Saturday and no mention of a sale- you could be cheeky and ring and ask when there next sale is- or just ask for a discount as you're buying a number of items. I was quite impressed by the one at Merica and the staff were helpful- and the £21 TV aeriel with all the fittings- did work- sad but its the first time we've had TV on our boat.

We went to the one at Mercia on Saturday and no mention of a sale- you could be cheeky and ring and ask when there next sale is- or just ask for a discount as you're buying a number of items. I was quite impressed by the one at Merica and the staff were helpful- and the £21 TV aeriel with all the fittings- did work- sad but its the first time we've had TV on our boat.

Yes, I've rang them and asked about next freaky Friday date before and they were quite happy to tell me.

if you are ordering a few expensive bits of kit then the £1000 deal may suit which is available all the time.

15% off and then 15% anything else you buy for the next six months.

edit for spelling

Edited by lexicon

I mean that I have phoned them in the past , not recently. I see someone has posted next date.

Ooops, I mis-read your post and now see just what you said, and yes I saw the post, hope it's true as I need to spend a bob or two and it would be nice to save a bit.

Phil

Humph...they phoned us today to tell us they have a trade day tomorrow, had we heard...(they do usually send flyers out for the extra trade days)...grrrr...nothing like some notice....and that was nothing LIKE some notice....!!

This MC practice is a pain in the proverbial. In effect, for big items, the shop is open 2 days a year.

Yes I know about the fitting out scheme and have used it, but that does not alter this practice distorting the market tremendously.

I HATE it.

Otherwise, I like the shop a lot.

Humph...they phoned us today to tell us they have a trade day tomorrow, had we heard...(they do usually send flyers out for the extra trade days)...grrrr...nothing like some notice....and that was nothing LIKE some notice....!!

I got my flyer in the middle of last week.

Tim

• 6 months later...