Blacking trip

Chickadee

Featured Posts

Hope people don't mind another flickr album from me.

Just been sorting these photos out. This is the trip we made last year to black our boat. Me, my bf and my Dad had all booked a few days off work to take our boat from the Gloucester Sharpness up on the Avon to a dry dock to black our boat. We'd been checking all week that there would be no high tides or closures, the day my bf and Dad (I had to work) wanted to leave Gloucester but we didn't find out till the day they left that there was a stoppage on the Avon meaning we couldn't travel up high enough to the dry dock so Dad decided to go round... up Worcester, then to Stafford then down to the dry dock. We had a week to move the boat, black it and get it back to our home mooring! We did it! To be honest the blacking was totally uneventful compared to the trip to get there.

Hope someone finds these interesting. They might not be in order, they came from two different cameras.

Hope people don't mind another flickr album from me.

Just been sorting these photos out. This is the trip we made last year to black our boat. Me, my bf and my Dad had all booked a few days off work to take our boat from the Gloucester Sharpness up on the Avon to a dry dock to black our boat. We'd been checking all week that there would be no high tides or closures, the day my bf and Dad (I had to work) wanted to leave Gloucester but we didn't find out till the day they left that there was a stoppage on the Avon meaning we couldn't travel up high enough to the dry dock so Dad decided to go round... up Worcester, then to Stafford then down to the dry dock. We had a week to move the boat, black it and get it back to our home mooring! We did it! To be honest the blacking was totally uneventful compared to the trip to get there.

Hope someone finds these interesting. They might not be in order, they came from two different cameras.

:) thanks for sharing your video, I really enjoyed it :)

Good to watch and loved the old 'Mill style' building.

Mike

Its a great building. I do wonder if the scaffolding or ivy is holding it up though. Its a shame its got to that state I wonder if it could ever be saved. It would take some work!

Glad everyone enjoy it. :)

Its a great building. I do wonder if the scaffolding or ivy is holding it up though. Its a shame its got to that state I wonder if it could ever be saved. It would take some work!

It certainly looks in much the same state to when we used the dry dock in 1996!

Am I right in thinking that the dry dock is in fact the original location of the lock but the approaches suffered from silting up so they dug a new lock nearby?

What a great renovation project if you had the time and pots of money. You can't tell from the photo how close to the canal the building is. If ever we had to go back to living on the bank, that's the sort of location we'd wish for.

Mike