warning about burning Yew logs

onionbargee

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, MtB said:

In our defence, nobody knew that until now. 

This is very helpful as we now know new posters in particular have been looked over by a human bean before being permitted to post. 

Fair enough. I couldn't remember if the change had been publicised. Modqueue for new members was introduced principally to weed out spammers, but it has also caught several suspected AI posters. Either fully automated, or humans posting LLM generated content.

Presumably this one got thru the safety nets :

Hi there,

If you're looking for solid wood units and the convenience of on-site assembly, you might want to consider reaching out to custom cabinet makers or carpentry shops in your area. They can tailor the cabinets to fit your galley perfectly and ensure they meet your specific requirements for sturdiness and practicality. While I don't have a specific recommendation for the Wincham area, you could try searching online directories or asking for recommendations from local homeowners or contractors.

1 minute ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Fair enough. I couldn't remember if the change had been publicised. Modqueue for new members was introduced principally to weed out spammers, but it has also caught several suspected AI posters. Either fully automated, or humans posting LLM generated content.

I guess I'm quick to suspect AI as another forum I visit regularly suffers from them and here there has been quite a few. The one that sticks in my mind is the thread titled (something like) "What bait should I use when shark fishing from my canoe?"

At the time there was quite some debate about whether it was AI or not. It struck me as obvious but not all agreed. I see the thread has now been hidden so maybe I was right. 

Not going to discuss individual cases. Once we started to see this problem come up, there was a rule introduced on not using AI generated content. The moderators have developed some procedures for dealing with suspected cases.

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Presumably this one got thru the safety nets :

Hi there,

If you're looking for solid wood units and the convenience of on-site assembly, you might want to consider reaching out to custom cabinet makers or carpentry shops in your area. They can tailor the cabinets to fit your galley perfectly and ensure they meet your specific requirements for sturdiness and practicality. While I don't have a specific recommendation for the Wincham area, you could try searching online directories or asking for recommendations from local homeowners or contractors.

Yes this one fails on every count the MTB AI TEST, a list of checks for AI-generated content.

1) Post contains no personal opinions or views

2) Newly registered shortly before posting

3) Profile details not filled in

4) 100% generic advice or content being offered

5) Fails when challenged to get either into a huff or engage in meaningful conversation

None of the above is definitive proof of AI generated content but each one ticked increases the probability. 

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, MtB said:

"What bait should I use when shark fishing from my canoe?"

Lesser Spotted Groundworm, mostly.

If you are fishing for sharks off a paddleboard, Spotted Stranglefish are better.

9 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yes this one fails on every count the MTB AI TEST, a list of checks for AI-generated content.

1) Post contains no personal opinions or views

2) Newly registered shortly before posting

3) Profile details not filled in

4) 100% generic advice or content being offered

5) Fails when challenged to get either into a huff or engage in meaningful conversation

None of the above is definitive proof of AI generated content but each one ticked increases the probability. 

Basically what we do. Number five takes place off line and hopefully with a little more tact than can happen in replies in the thread concerned. Hence the request to report such posts, rather than publicly accuse them of being robots.

4 hours ago, dazzaar said:

wow, and I thought the Kew link may have been of  interest! (grabs his coat and leaves:-))

I'll say welcome to the forum as well some others possibly. A few don't seem to like new members and a lot wont care one way or the other. Stick around.