Canal Plan

clovey

Featured Posts

Every time I try to plan a route, enter start & finish places then start to enter some intermediate ports of call the screen clears just to leave the banners & menus. Is it just me or a general problem? :unsure:

Every time I try to plan a route, enter start & finish places then start to enter some intermediate ports of call the screen clears just to leave the banners & menus. Is it just me or a general problem? :unsure:

Sorry, clovey, but must just be you!! <_<

Tried Canalplan and it worked faultlessly. (I tried a ring from Warwick to Birmingham to Coventry basin then finishing at Warwick).

It could be worth trying another browser to see whether for some reason that is the problem.

Hope you get it sorted out as CanalPlan is a great resource to use.

Stewey

Probably stating the obvious, but previous posts have shown that some people were using an old link to Nick atty's CanalPlanAC site.

I'm sure you probably are, but make sure you are using http://canalplan.org.uk/.

Some people have still been trying the old "mihalis.net" one.

No you dont enter the intermediate ports, when you 'ask' it to do a 'ring' then it puts in the intermediate stops for you (I think that is how it works,) i have no trouble using it :-)

I have had that problem too, it was the way I was trying to route. I have just asked for Bristol/ Birmingham then put in Oxford then clicked on calculate route and it worked fine. I think in the past it was the calculate route button I was missing?

I have had that problem too, it was the way I was trying to route. I have just asked for Bristol/ Birmingham then put in Oxford then clicked on calculate route and it worked fine. I think in the past it was the calculate route button I was missing?

For the record I'm using the suggested version of Canal Plan and have tried the route suggested above and the same problem occurs. :wacko:

Hi

I seem to have the same issue, tried both versions of the site .eu and .org, not had this issue before, use it all the time

Nigel

Me too

it seems to be triggered when the mouse cursor hovers over one of the "clear box" symbols to the left of each intermediate destination box

Mick

Edited by zodiak

Please report this as an "issue" on the CanalPlan site - I've always found them to be most responsive, asking sensible questions, or telling me what I've done wrong to get into the mess I've descended into. Its quite simple to follow the link to "bugs and issues" on the home page, then click on the "issues" button and generate a new issue.

Me too

it seems to be triggered when the mouse cursor hovers over one of the "clear box" symbols to the left of each intermediate destination box

Mick

Thanks Mick thought I was the only one, tried route again making sure to to go near areas of "clear box" and hey presto it works :rolleyes: . So there is a glitch, I will now try to report it!

To report issue you need a password & account, I have neither so regret will leave to others. :(

It's not hard to have a password and account - just a formality, no cost.

It is, I believe, now the only way you can tailor CanalPlanAC with information to personalise it to your own typical cruising and lock-working speeds, or how you want results displayed, (e.g. Miles and Furlongs, Miles with decimal point, kilometers, etc).

So well worth doing.

If you want to improve a very good piece of software that someone has made a huge effort to develop, but is prepared to let us use free, shouldn't you at least register an account to allow you to make suggestions about possible issues or improvements ?

I use it with Google and IE without problem.

Brian in sunny Lowestoft

I reported this at the weekend. It's issue 508, and if anyone can add any info that would help as Nick wasn't able to reproduce the glitch hinself. He'd like to know things like which browser you were using.

Nick and I sat in the front cabin of Mintball with my laptop connected via my mobile phone and spent about 20 minutes trying to reproduce it but we failed miserably. I can try putting IE 9 into IE 8 mode and see if it appears then, and I'll try enabling "quirks" mode and see if that makes any difference.

It's not hard to have a password and account - just a formality, no cost.

It is, I believe, now the only way you can tailor CanalPlanAC with information to personalise it to your own typical cruising and lock-working speeds, or how you want results displayed, (e.g. Miles and Furlongs, Miles with decimal point, kilometers, etc).

So well worth doing.

If you want to improve a very good piece of software that someone has made a huge effort to develop, but is prepared to let us use free, shouldn't you at least register an account to allow you to make suggestions about possible issues or improvements ?

Job done :rolleyes: