gas water heater

bux

Featured Posts

exel 1.6 gpm lpg vent free tankless gas water heater says no flue , this is what i saw advertised on ebay, it is from america, if there is such an item as a flueless water heater tha can be installed on a canal boat can you let me know, i am desperatly looking for the correct gas water heater for my boat as at present i am runnig my engine around three times a day to get enough water to wash up, any suggestions please, and if there is a flueless water heater that i can fit, that would be safe, please let me know thanks

joy

I cannot answer your questions but having bought 'stuff' from America in the past (and had problems) you do need to think of a few things for example:

Source of spare parts - how quickly can you get a new jet, diaphram or other parts if it breaks down or gets frozen up ?

Do American LPG appliances work at the same pressures as our ?

Are the pipe sizes compatible with UK / boat sizes

Etc Etc.

I'm all for saving money (which is usually why I've imported stuff) but sometimes its better to pay a little more and get the 'right tool for the job'.

exel 1.6 gpm lpg vent free tankless gas water heater says no flue , this is what i saw advertised on ebay, it is from america, if there is such an item as a flueless water heater tha can be installed on a canal boat can you let me know, i am desperatly looking for the correct gas water heater for my boat as at present i am runnig my engine around three times a day to get enough water to wash up, any suggestions please, and if there is a flueless water heater that i can fit, that would be safe, please let me know thanks

joy

Hi

Why does it have to be flueless ?

Guest Quo Vadis

Beware of being stung for VAT on stuff imported from USA.

A couple of years ago, I bought some guitar parts from the US for £80, but was charged 17.5% plus a £20 collection fee by Royal Mail, which I had to pay to take delivery.

I have bought stuff this way several times, and only got stung once. I now ask the sellers to quote my business' UK VAT reg. number on the box to deter a repeat performance.

joy

Contrary to popular opinion most open flue water heaters are designed to be fitted in flueless format too. The notable exception to this is the Morco. The Paloma and the Rinnai have a draft diverter and flue kit which is supplied and fitted as an accessory to the basic flueless water heater.

Flueless water heaters in boats are perfectly safe while they work correctly. They problem is that if/when they stop working correctly and start pumping out carbon monoxide it stays inside the boat with you, seriously damaging your life. This is why they are a BAD THING. In addition, 50% (roughly) of the flue gases issued by the water heater are water vapour and this makes the inside of the boat damp and the portholes stream with condensation.

It is quite possible that the flueless water heater you mention is of the new 'hi-tech' type of flueless appliance, with a catalytic converter to 'scrub' the flue gas before posting it back into the room. These are just as tricky as the water vapour problem remains and they need an ENORMOUS open ventilation hole to outside as there is no flow of flue gases out to pull fresh air in. And peeps still tend to be killed by these when the CC clogs up with soot when the room air gets low on oxygen....

Bottom line is, get a Morco. You know it makes sense.

Mike

Contrary to popular opinion most open flue water heaters are designed to be fitted in flueless format too. The notable exception to this is the Morco. The Paloma and the Rinnai have a draft diverter and flue kit which is supplied and fitted as an accessory to the basic flueless water heater.

Flueless water heaters in boats are perfectly safe while they work correctly. They problem is that if/when they stop working correctly and start pumping out carbon monoxide it stays inside the boat with you, seriously damaging your life. This is why they are a BAD THING. In addition, 50% (roughly) of the flue gases issued by the water heater are water vapour and this makes the inside of the boat damp and the portholes stream with condensation.

It is quite possible that the flueless water heater you mention is of the new 'hi-tech' type of flueless appliance, with a catalytic converter to 'scrub' the flue gas before posting it back into the room. These are just as tricky as the water vapour problem remains and they need an ENORMOUS open ventilation hole to outside as there is no flow of flue gases out to pull fresh air in. And peeps still tend to be killed by these when the CC clogs up with soot when the room air gets low on oxygen....

Bottom line is, get a Morco. You know it makes sense.

Mike

thanks mike for your wise advice, morco water heater it is then, now i need to know is there one on the market that might give me enough hot water for a shallow bath as well :)

thanks mike for your wise advice, morco water heater it is then, now i need to know is there one on the market that might give me enough hot water for a shallow bath as well :)

Advice on BSS. A multi point gas instant heater MUST have a flue.

(Multi Point = More than one hot tap)

joy

Surely it would be a lot easier to boil a kettle to wash up?

joy

Try a little punctuation, Bux, please. And the odd paragraph, just now and again.

It makes a post so much easier to read.

PS: Capital letters are nice, too, at the beginning of sentences. Though I see there was only one.

• Greenie 1

Sebrof how can you say that??

Quickest way to upset and stop folks contributing.!!

I my self realise most of my posts have bad spelling and bad grammar, I find it difficult to concentrate on writing because of the strong prescribed drugs I'm on,having peripheral neuropathy, numbness and tingling caused by chemo,

combined with the meds make it hard to concentrate, but being a member of this forum I enjoy contributing.

Don't help using a IPad either

Other folks may have learning dificultys, or rumatisium, or just lazy but its a forum that is helpful and welcoming to everyone isn't it??

Bux :D :D Fleabay. Sounds good anyway

Col

Sebrof how can you say that??

Quickest way to upset and stop folks contributing.!!

I my self realise most of my posts have bad spelling and bad grammar, I find it difficult to concentrate on writing because of the strong prescribed drugs I'm on,having peripheral neuropathy, numbness and tingling caused by chemo,

combined with the meds make it hard to concentrate, but being a member of this forum I enjoy contributing.

Don't help using a IPad either

Other folks may have learning dificultys, or rumatisium, or just lazy but its a forum that is helpful and welcoming to everyone isn't it??

Bux :D :D Fleabay. Sounds good anyway

Col

But Col, you've just underlined the point. Despite all those obstacles you've taken the trouble to write a clear and comprehensible post.

People will also be put off if they don't get any responses and this is far more likely to happen if their post is difficult to read.

No one says it has to be perfect in terms of spelling and grammar, just readable!

And could you try not to be so anal?

Do you know, I don't think I have ever read a sensible post from you? Not one. I'm not saying that there haven't been any, but your batting average is pretty low.

The reason I requested Bux to write properly, was so that people would read her posts. If people can't be bothered to write clearly, other people often won't take the trouble to read what was written. Result? The poster doesn't get as many useful replies as they might otherwise have done.

Comprende, senor?

ETA: Chertsey, I have a bad habit of responding to posts immediately, without reading on and seeing what others have said. Upon reflection, I should have said why I made my request to Bux, so thank you for rectifying my omission.

Edited by sebrof
  • Greenie 2

Blimey Chertsey

Me writing a clear and comprehensible post,!

I must be improving then!!

Just shown the misis your post, she's always pointing out my short comings

:cheers:

Col

You may not be a grammar whore, but you do use paragraphs and capital letters, and that's 90% of the battle. And it's invariably the omission of those two that causes me to go "anal"! :)

Edited by sebrof

joy

Try boiling a couple of kettles to get hot water, or maybe a large pan. Much better than running the engine.

ETA: Chertsey, I have a bad habit of ......... :)

I see you have already suggested a kettle.

Edited by sebrof

Do you know, I don't think I have ever read a sensible post from you? Not one. I'm not saying that there haven't been any, but your batting average is pretty low.

Meh, if I could be bothered id find some links to some. Im not here to participate as such more to observe

I should also of constructed my reply with better grammar but im halve cut so do try to forgive

Meh, if I could be bothered id find some links to some. Im not here to participate as such more to observe

I should also of constructed my reply with better grammar but im halve cut so do try to forgive

My reply to you was a bit OTT, Cap'n. Apologies.

My reply to you was a bit OTT, Cap'n. Apologies.

Gramma and prenunsiation andd shpellin are more important to those it would seem with little happening in their lives or who have led charmed lives praps sat in an office. Some years ago I was the first Bobbie to attend at a house on a fine sunny Sunday morning in June of that year I entered and found a mother who had killed her two children and attempted to kill herself. It was national news as this does not happen very often even in todays world. Now when I put my report in funnily enough know one, Not even the Crown court picked up on my schpellin. On a scale of 1 to 10 then where do you anal types who cant understand !! badly written replies put gramma now........

Oh and I just added this post on the end its not intended at anyone in particular its a case of if the cap fits.....

Gramma and prenunsiation andd shpellin are more important to those it would seem with little happening in their lives or who have led charmed lives praps sat in an office. Some years ago I was the first Bobbie to attend at a house on a fine sunny Sunday morning in June of that year I entered and found a mother who had killed her two children and attempted to kill herself. It was national news as this does not happen very often even in todays world. Now when I put my report in funnily enough know one, Not even the Crown court picked up on my schpellin. On a scale of 1 to 10 then where do you anal types who cant understand !! badly written replies put gramma now........

Oh and I just added this post on the end its not intended at anyone in particular its a case of if the cap fits.....

Didn't understand a word of it so it was a bit of a wasted effort if you were trying to make a point...

Supposing your report had been so badly written though (maybe not in the above case, but in another less clear-cut one) as to make the facts unclear?

Didn't understand a word of it so it was a bit of a wasted effort if you were trying to make a point...

Supposing your report had been so badly written though (maybe not in the above case, but in another less clear-cut one) as to make the facts unclear?

I do hope this gentleman is not representative of the police generally.

It would alarm me to think that this country had policemen who see no benefit in being able to communicate properly.