Apollo Duck

Geoff May

Featured Posts

When I signed into Apollo Duck this morning I had a site warning from McAfee. Have any members had any experience of trouble with virus attacks relating to this site? This would appear to be a new development as I have not received the warning in the past. :help:

When I signed into Apollo Duck this morning I had a site warning from McAfee. Have any members had any experience of trouble with virus attacks relating to this site? This would appear to be a new development as I have not received the warning in the past. :help:

Never had a problem - which either means your anti-virus software is better and more vigilant than mine, or it's being over zealous.

I am not getting any warnings from accessing Apollo Duck. I don't use McAfee though.

Do they list reasons on thr McAffee website you could look up?

This could be what is termed as a "false positive"

This is where the av tool, using definitions regularly supplied recognises a code variation which is known to have suspect outputs. Most probably not a fault. Could also be some oik reporting the site and the av has not investigated properly.

If you trust the site, just be wary of odd activity such as web pages opening and not appearing to have content. Also check u have used the correct web address

the duck loads ok here .. but it continues to try and download ( spinning icon in Safari browzer ) ..

even though the page looks as if it has completed the process ..

has been doing that since yesterday ..

along with being unable to connect to Wiki ..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

seems like it only does it on the initial 'connect to .. ' btw.

and no dire warnings from the anti-virus app. here ..

Edited by ~ HD ~

Never had a problem - which either means your anti-virus software is better and more vigilant than mine, or it's being over zealous.

This could be what is termed as a "false positive"

This is where the av tool, using definitions regularly supplied recognises a code variation which is known to have suspect outputs. Most probably not a fault. Could also be some oik reporting the site and the av has not investigated properly.

If you trust the site, just be wary of odd activity such as web pages opening and not appearing to have content. Also check u have used the correct web address

Guess you guys were right. Have had no problems when I logged on this morning, no warning given, so all is OK again. Thanks once again for all your responses. :cheers:

Whenever I visit the "Duck" or "Boats and Outboards" my computer flashes up the message:

WARNING! THIS WEBSITE PUTS YOU AT RISK OF BUYING YET ANOTHER KNACKERED OLD WOODEN BOAT!

We must have simiar but different anti virus products... I get the message...

"Why are you even looking? You have no money!"

We must have simiar but different anti virus products... I get the message...

"Why are you even looking? You have no money!"

Mine has started saying.....

You certainly don't need a third boat.

So that's "No" to "Sandbach" then ? :(