What Eco fan should I get if any at all?

Spacebar

Featured Posts

Hi everyone I have a boatman stove and wondered what Eco fan to get to push the heat out?

I notice there are two bladed and three bladed versions and my word they ain't cheap on eBay !

Thanks.

What Eco fan should I get if any at all? - :rolleyes:

Lol ohhh alright I'm bored the Mrs is watching Xfactor!

So are we - and we love our ecofan, it mesmerises us as much...

Edited by MJG

I love my ecofan.....

it keeps my bedroom and bathroom warm in winter, it lets me know when my stove is going critically ....OUT, and is a great indicator of stove performance.

If I stoke it and the ecofan gets slower, I know I havn't riddled it enough, or emptied the ash tray, if it starts to sing to me, I know, I need to close the vents, or wake up and close the vents!!!!!!!!

definately adds to solid stove heat distribution, ask my mum, who lives in a house and has bought one following seeing mine in action in the boat.

I love my ecofan.As far as heating gos you're probably better off eating a beanfeast then getting under the duvet but if you love staring at stuff then the "look it's doing it again it must be magic pixies" effect is well worth the money.

• Greenie 1

We'll be on shorepower over winter, so instead of getting an ecofan, (£150), I got a 23Watt elec fan (£7.99) . I might get a bigger one (£15) and just extend the on/off switch so we can activate it from the other end of the boat...for 5mins at full speed....get all the air moved over, and then switch it off. At least I'll know for SURE, that whatever air was 17metres away, will now be 1metre away. ? Alternatively maybe I can use one of those wireless door chime things...take out the switch...wire in a step up relay, and activate by pressing the doorbell button next to the bed :)

I love my ecofan.....

it keeps my bedroom and bathroom warm in winter, it lets me know when my stove is going critically ....OUT, and is a great indicator of stove performance.

If I stoke it and the ecofan gets slower, I know I havn't riddled it enough, or emptied the ash tray, if it starts to sing to me, I know, I need to close the vents, or wake up and close the vents!!!!!!!!

definately adds to solid stove heat distribution, ask my mum, who lives in a house and has bought one following seeing mine in action in the boat.

I agree. They work. Loads of boaters have them.

Beats me why people want to rubbish a piece of genuine innovative technology.

Beats me why people want to rubbish a piece of genuine innovative technology.

Because I had one and, despite numerous experiments, failed to detect any positive effects, whatsoever.

Edited to add: I gave it away and the new owner loved it.

Edited by carlt

Guest wanted

Well my two bladder works although I was very sceptical. I no longer get cold feet and before I wrapped my feet in a blanket during the cold weather.

Sue

You have two bladders?

Guest wanted

I can think of a few situations where that would come in handy.

It would have been bloody handy last week on the megabus between london and bristol!