Just bought this...

casper ghost

Featured Posts

I like the way the topic of this thread is not even given away by the forum title of "OTHER"... :rolleyes:

Can't mow the grass with it as it's water cooled, unless it rains alot..

Casp'

i guessed it was the yee olde engine section. I was hoping to make a comment about a lump of rusty metal which i havent done for a while cos stuart hasn't updated his thread recently

rubbish027.jpg

It's a British Anzani of about 1954? 3hp 2 stroke. Does that count for the vintage engine section?

I think it's the prettiest outboard i've seen..

Casp'

It's better than what passes for sculpture round Ellesmere!

rubbish027.jpg

It's a British Anzani of about 1954? 3hp 2 stroke. Does that count for the vintage engine section?

I think it's the prettiest outboard i've seen..

Casp'

I had a similar one, although it had a tiller, unlike the circular steering "wheel" on yours. I believe the one I had was a '60's vintage (I'll dig a photo out), but I think '50's would be about right for that one.

Nice little motor,more refined than the seagull I have (although I like the Seagull.)

scan006copy.jpg

Edited by Guest

A beauty, a joy to the eye and the ear! non-recoil start I see. keep fingers well away if you wish to retain all your digits

Do you have a boat to put it on?

edited to add, what ratio petrol to oil?

Edited by magpie patrick

looking at that, are you planning to moor your new tender with legs on the K&A, thus contributing a bit more water......

...mind the log doesn't fly off when the hire boaters fly past tho' ...

great little engine, what's it going to be attached too??

Maybe an outboards section would be a useful addition?

Here's my pretty:

An outboard section seems resonable, we had 4 boats with outboards go past us only yesterday, one was a rather nice old boat too.

I like the fact yours has a shorter shaft, that would be better for me on the Severn, I can see mine being lifted up alot.

I don't actually have a boat for it yet, hoping to get a small rowing type boat, failing that I could always fit it to the back of my canadian canoe....

The previous owner told me the mixture was 16to1, which seems a bit strong but I suppose he knows as he's had the engine for years.

Casp'

An outboard section seems resonable, we had 4 boats with outboards go past us only yesterday, one was a rather nice old boat too.

I like the fact yours has a shorter shaft, that would be better for me on the Severn, I can see mine being lifted up alot.

I don't actually have a boat for it yet, hoping to get a small rowing type boat, failing that I could always fit it to the back of my canadian canoe....

The previous owner told me the mixture was 16to1, which seems a bit strong but I suppose he knows as he's had the engine for years.

Casp'

The quote of 16/1 fuel oil ratio is for when 2stroke oil was the old dino stuff, if you use modern semi or fully synthetic you can use 32/1-40/1 ratio, Only problem I found with this brand of O/B was that they could be Bu***rs to start hot When this happened I found it was usually the points needed cleaning, seemed to have do this more often than on other makes

The quote of 16/1 fuel oil ratio is for when 2stroke oil was the old dino stuff, if you use modern semi or fully synthetic you can use 32/1-40/1 ratio, Only problem I found with this brand of O/B was that they could be Bu***rs to start hot When this happened I found it was usually the points needed cleaning, seemed to have do this more often than on other makes

I'd stick with the 16:1 fuel ratio if I was you. If you use less oil, this will richen the mixture and will lead to a sooted up plug. :rolleyes: