Snitch on

Stemposter

Featured Posts

Boat checker update

During June, customers reported 58 sightings of unlicensed boats via the BW website. Of these, 16% have subsequently relicensed and a further 60% were already in BW’s enforcement process. 19% resulted in new cases being opened for action, and the remaining 5% were boats which were not identifiable through a valid boat index number, and the details have been passed to BW’s enforcement teams for further investigation.

So obviously, if you don't have a number or a name and keep moving on, they can't touch you because you don't fit on to their computers.

Ed

So obviously, if you don't have a number or a name and keep moving on, they can't touch you because you don't fit on to their computers.

Ed

"the details have been passed to BW’s enforcement teams for further investigation."

I.e. they come looking for you in person. Unidentified craft don't stay unidentified for long.

D

A guy I know came within a whisker of getting his brand, new part-fitted boat lifted because he thought that if he didn't register it, they couldn't touch him.

If you don't register a boat then why is it any different to any other bit of rubbish, fly-tipped in the cut?

"the details have been passed to BW’s enforcement teams for further investigation."

I.e. they come looking for you in person. Unidentified craft don't stay unidentified for long.

D

And what are they going to do when they find you if you live aboard? They can't arrest you. They can't clamp you. They can't serve an injunction on you if you have no address. You just tell them that you are in the process of applying for a licence, and move on again.

They'll just note where you are that day, and go and have a cup of tea.

The gypsies have been doing it for centuries.

Ed

Edited by Stemposter

And what are they going to do when they find you if you live aboard? They can't arrest you. They can't clamp you. They can't serve an injunction on you if you have no address. You just tell them that you are in the process of applying for a licence, and move on again.

They'll just note where you are that day, and go and have a cup of tea.

The gypsies have been doing it for centuries.

Ed

They can serve a section 8 in person. They can ask you what address you will be using in your Licence application and send copy of section 8 to that address.

And what are they going to do when they find you if you live aboard? They can't arrest you. They can't clamp you. They can't serve an injunction on you if you have no address.

It can take a little while if you are living onboard, but they will seize the boat off you eventually and tow it away or lift it out. Seen it happen far too many times up here on the Lee and Stort. Go up to Enfield lock and there's usually half a dozen of these boats there, awaiting their fate. Many of them no license, no plate.

@ Alan Fincher , ooh lovely thanks, what flavour is it?

Edited by Lady Muck

Is that really how you want to live?

The section 8 process does not require a boat to be registered and stalling the process only works for so long. You can't move from region to region, forcing the process to restart, like in the past.

I'm not sure where your information about requiring an address, to receive an injunction, came from but myths and legends will not keep you safe whilst dodging the system.

You need to either get your facts right, rather than spouting nonsense, or try to be less conspicuous.

They can serve a section 8 in person. They can ask you what address you will be using in your Licence application and send copy of section 8 to that address.

The section 8 is served on the vessel, not the person, they can just stick it to the side of the boat.

Keeping your boat anonymous increases your chances of losing it because, if they can't identify the boat, how can they identify the owner?

If the owner cannot be identified then Section 8 (4) may well kick in:

(4) If within six weeks of its removal by the Board any relevant

craft cannot be proved to the reasonable satisfaction of the Board

to belong to any claimant, it shall, together with any furniture,

tackle and apparel and any cargo, goods, chattels and effects on

board, vest in the Board:

For goodness sake! If stemposter would spel lik this wuld it bee enny mor cleer?

TROOOOOOLLLLLLL! (again)

Give it up! Get a life! Talk about holding a grudge!

Ah yes, but not JUST a troll.

Rather a troll who is already a member under another ID, but who has created a new ID just to troll with.

He needn't imagine that his true identity is secret.

They can't clamp you.

Or could thay, I'm sure it would be possible to moor & sieze a boat using chains and locks. Some gadget that fits tight around bollards etc, just a thought.

To add my point on this I must say it's quite gratifying to see motorists with no tax insurance & M.O.T etc have their cars impounded, people with out insurance and relevant documents are a menace to society and cost all of us in higher premiums let alone in many cases having to share our roads with unroadworthy and potentially dangerous vehicles and unlicenced drivers.

The same should apply to boats on our waterways, Boats could be lifted and only returned to the owner only if licenced and BSS passed. All lifting and handling fees at the owners expence, if they don't come up with the money then crush sell dispose of said boat. A maximum 30 days grace could apply to give an owner the opportunity to licence and obtain a BSS or sell dispose of the boat themselves in a legal manner.

Simples really LOL

No, an established poster who has registered an additional account for the sole purpose of trolling.

What a wonderfully welcoming and friendly site this is. Not. Just because I hold alternative views to you, you label me a troll. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Eddie

What a wonderfully welcoming and friendly site this is. Not. Just because I hold alternative views to you, you label me a troll. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Eddie

It's never the views that get people so labelled, only ever the way they're expressed.