NOT FOR MEN KEEP PLEASE OUT!

JennyM

Featured Posts

My girlfriend has been a moon cup advocate since long before we started living afloat, obviously they are more economoical (in the long term) and environmentally friendly than most available alternatives, but she also finds it more comfortable than anything else she has tried.

As for my vitriol on the subject of "Womens Only" talkboards, while I understand that this may have been a fairly "casual" comment not aimed to be taken too seriously, I'm afraid that I feel the same way about casual sexism as I feel about casual racism, i.e it has no place in our society today and such jokes or irony or whatever-you-want-to-call-it simply serve to mask feelings that are otherwise considered unacceptable in todays society.

May I venture a prediction;

If you run round getting all uptight at light hearted banter like the women only thread, now is probably a good time to sell the computer.

There isn't much on the internet that will live up to your standards.

• Greenie 1

This women-only thread is a bit blokey! <_<

Shall we start talking about periods in rather more graphic detail, in order to scare them off? I'm thinking bloating, water-retention, foul tempers, food cravings, being utterly irritated by your man...

Edited by BlueStringPudding
  • Greenie 1

Shall we start talking about periods, in order to scare them off?

Taking my 'Mooncup/Red rag to a bull' joke into consideration, I think you'll find us 'modern men' are no longer scared of such matters.

I'm thinking bloating, water-retention, foul tempers, food cravings, being utterly irritated by your man...

Once a month, every month, all month?

This women-only thread is a bit blokey! dry.gif

Shall we start talking about periods in rather more graphic detail, in order to scare them off? I'm thinking bloating, water-retention, foul tempers, food cravings, being utterly irritated by your man...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spectating only :lol:

May I venture a prediction;

If you run round getting all uptight at light hearted banter like the women only thread, now is probably a good time to sell the computer.

There isn't much on the internet that will live up to your standards.

There is plenty on the internet that lives up to my standards, although I have found casual sexism to be far more common (and less often criticised) than, say, casual racism, or even casual homophobia for that matter.

This does not stop me voicing my opinion. What you call "uptight" is my attempt to help (in a very small way, of course) change something that I percieve to be a very real problem with potentially far reaching repurcussions.

This does not stop me voicing my opinion. What you call "uptight" is my attempt to help (in a very small way, of course) change something that I percieve to be a very real problem with potentially far reaching repurcussions.

Men and women, joking together, about men and women, is not sexism, it is friendly interaction.

It is much the same as the light hearted 'pump out vs cassette' joshing.

People turning it into something negative, or taking it far too seriously, is the real problem.

• Greenie 2

Taking my 'Mooncup/Red rag to a bull' joke into consideration, I think you'll find us 'modern men' are no longer scared of such matters.

Ah yes, Carl, but you modern men are very much in a minority judging by the reactions on this thread alone.

There is plenty on the internet that lives up to my standards, although I have found casual sexism to be far more common (and less often criticised) than, say, casual racism, or even casual homophobia for that matter.

I've had a fair bit to say in the past (along with my sadly departed mate ymu) about casual sexism on this forum and (far worse) elsewhere on the internet, but apart from the 'yuk' reaction to matters menstrual (serves them right for looking) I don't see it in this thread. If a woman finds something offensive in this thread, then let her say so herself.

Why, oh Why do women always go for a pee 'together' ? :blush:

Excuse me? We all go into separate cubicles - it's you lot who stand and watch each other (how do you bear it?)

By the way, has anyone ever used a She-Wee and are they any good?

Please feel free to talk . I think it would do me good to try and understand these things.

For a long time I have held the view that men don't suffer from PMT - women have PMT - it is the men who suffer

Ah yes, Carl, but you modern men are very much in a minority judging by the reactions on this thread alone.

Putting it simply (if somewhat crudely) surely a nosebleed is far more gross because, I don't know about anyone else, but I have no intention of ever putting any part of my body up someone else's nose.

I don't particularly care how you choose to label marching into a discussion and criticising it despite the fact that the participants were all very happy with it.

I will continue to label such actions as I see fit..

We have pink jobs and blue jobs.

Blue jobs:

Anything to do with the outside of the boat.

Anything to do with toilets.

Engines and the maintenance of them.

Electrics.

Washing up.

Steering into locks.

Mooring up.

Casting off.

Clearing prop.

Pink jobs:

Cooking.

Purchasing supplies.

Making the bed.

Working locks.

Cleaning the inside.

This is all at the moment only as another pink job is that of determining which are the blue and pink jobs.

All is as it should be.

By the way, has anyone ever used a She-Wee and are they any good?

Hope you don't mind me answering this one - I can't speak from personal experience obviously, but when I was a district nurse I used to issue these some times to patients (female obviously) and they used to swear by them. They helped some patients getting 'caught short' if they had urge incontinence and saved huge embarrassment when out in the car and the like and a public loo was not available.

Hope that's not too much info....

Like many single female boaters, all jobs are pink jobs.

I guess that is true just as all jobs are blue jobs for the single male boater. I suspect however that the jobs in my lists will be performed to a higher standard by the pink boater. I now expect a picture of a pink straw hat.

The last bastion of male dominance has been conquered.

pee.jpg

Quote from: http://ganimede.transboys.info/stp.html (Although I don´t know what transboys.info has to do with it?)

When the original Woman's Guide on How to Pee Standing was first created in 1997.... A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. We've had over three million visitors to the Guide, and thousands of women from all walks of life, from doctors to forest firefighters, to policewomen have sent us encouraging e-mail, sharing their mostly positive thoughts on this very personal topic.

There were no pee standing assistive devices available that worked well in the last millennium, so we decided to hire an engineering firm with experience in feminine hygiene products to help us design and manufacture one of our own for our Woman's Guide on How to Pee Standing viewers. It took 18 months, a fair amount of money, a lot of patience and the help of more than 900 prototype testers from around the world, but we're pleased with the result. The new device, dubbed "TravelMate" won a prestigious Medical Device Excellence Award at New York City's Javitts Convention Center in 2001.

How the heck did it take a an engineering firm 18 months to come up with a prototype?

I read somewhere that it was the lack of female toilets in the US Superbowl that started women thinking. The US Army then took up the concept for their serving female soldiers whilst they were in a theatre of war!

Remember the film 'The Full Monty' - there was scene at the club where the ladies were showing off at a urinal.

As for the Moon Cup..... I agree with previous posts - too much information! I can say that now I am a woman of a 'certain age' :cheers:

I just love the male/female banter that has been going on since time immemorial. No matter how hard you try guys, us ladies will always be the fairer and stronger sex. But please lads, don´t let this statement make you feel any more inferior...

Edited by JennyM

Hope you don't mind me answering this one - I can't speak from personal experience obviously, but when I was a district nurse I used to issue these some times to patients (female obviously) and they used to swear by them. They helped some patients getting 'caught short' if they had urge incontinence and saved huge embarrassment when out in the car and the like and a public loo was not available.

Hope that's not too much info....

Forget that - have you seen this? See thingy two down.

Edited by Tiny