hiding a boat

CHRI5 Blessed

Featured Posts

I tried the grass method... but the wind just took it off!!!

ok on a more serious note, she has now got her dangerous brothers involved (no i have not been cheating on her, i am not that shallow) i got a text from one of her brothers last night (he must think i'm stupid or something) saying he is have trouble with women at the moment and did i want to meet up to give him advise...

see the entire situation is this, she is not a boater, she was trying to draw me away from the boats and the boating community, she also has a kid on the way with her ex partner, 1. i'm not ready to be a dad. 2. i cannot financially afford to be a dad. 3. i am struggling to handle this girl because of her rowdy attitude. 4. i need to spend all my time and money getting my boat reffitted. 5. the current layout of my boat cannot deal with more than 2 people.

so she ended it with me on the 31st of may, she was drunk, all of a sudden she goes into a fit of abuse towards me, says to the group i'm with that its over for good, some of the group move on to wherever they were going, i say to her "i'll talk to you when you are sober" she says "and it will all be the same when i'm sober" so i said "ok fine, you won't see me again!" and i havn't.

since then i've had all the emotional black mail "oh i might be getting sectioned because of you" well no it is not because of me it is how you are responding to it, and i've had the "oh when i find your boat i'm gonna torch it" from 2 people and i made sure i saved the answer phone message just in case it does happen!!!

the only thing i'm doing now is my 3 jobs and sorting my boat out!

I hope your vessel is so totally unique as to be in no way mistaken for someone elses boat in the dark.

Unless the thought of, the small chance of, some other innocent boater waking from sleep with his world a flaming inferno doesn't bother you.

I hope your vessel is so totally unique as to be in no way mistaken for someone elses boat in the dark.

Unless the thought of, the small chance of, some other innocent boater waking from sleep with his world a flaming inferno doesn't bother you.

Like Morat I am astounded you could take this attitude! How on earth could he be responsible for such a mistake? Heaven forbid it should happen, but if it did, it certainly couldn't be blamed on the OP!!

Edited by Ally

You have 2 options;

1) Join the Foreign Legion

2) Join a Monastry

Good luck,

Albert.

3) Get the Police involved and record the threats with them They won't do owt until someone else does. Keep the text messages and voice mails.

Martyn

• Greenie 1

ffffffffflip.... (only cos as i was thinking this i relised i should not swear online!)

she found my boat :banghead: while i was not there... with no time to deal with moving and the next day i was not there... yesterday she had someone with her and they cut a rope on the boat that i was tied onto... it is now a dilema... if i do nothing they won't stop... if i go to the police she will go to prison (as she is already on a suspended sentence) and she will get the rest of her family on me... and more than likely i'd either be dead anyway or have a rather burnt boat... i have spoken with someone who will see her today (the vicar of my church) and get him to talk sense into her. (if that is possible)

if the vicar can't then i have no other choice but to go to the police and not just get her but a lot of other people busted aswell, but does that resolve things for the long run... advise???

My experience is that the police will casually and without thought drop you right 100% in the shit.

Having had my details as an informant passed on to someone I believed to be in possession of a firearm and planning to kill I would never, ever trust the police again. If you boat is burned it is after all no skin off their noses. Move, leave, if all else fails never take legal action, take illegal action.

I don't know what to say except 'Ye Gods - get the hell out of there' but I don't really know your circumstances. If you live on your boat you're a bit stuck.

Do you have a mate who would stay with you and who would keep a watch on your boat, turn and turn about (taking it in turns to stay awake) maybe you could tell the police, move your boat a long way off and either paint it quickly and change it's name or sell it in exchange for another.

Go to the police, explain the situation and ask for help. Ask the vicar to come with you if you can. Don't forget that when dealing with officialdom, be as clean, smart and polite as possible. I'm sure you know this already but you've probably got your minds on other things right now.

This situation looks almost certain to end up as a police matter eventually, save yourself a few months of heartache and stress.

No, it isn't. You have every right to be able to live your life according to your (legal) wishes. The police are there to guarantee your rights. If I may ask - how old are you?

I think it's time to go find some professional help, there's not a lot that can be done on a public forum with such limited facts. Sadly I've no idea what is available in your area, but don't go on suffering this alone.

see i don't trust the police either not after what they have done to my mum and dad :(

Quite, don't trust them. A mixture of idleness, incompetance and seeing to it you get your "just deserts" driven by their daily mail style value judgements (which is why you are advised to present yourself well dressed etc) all topped off with a few good coppers demotivated and marginalised.

Guest wanted

If you plan on not going to the police, make sure that you take steps to distance yourself. It sounds like you only have to hide until she stubbles into her next issue. Be sure to cut all contact. Change your phone number and move as much as you can (at least every 14 days ;) ) she will get bored.

Just a thought - if you want to hide a tree the best place to put it is in a forest.

Have you thought about trying to get your boat into a Marina for a short while ?

You would probably also get the added bonus of some degree of security while you are there.

Perhaps only for a short while the dust settles.

Sadly I'm involved as well as she knows I'm his best mate. I have her and her cronies turning up every night.

I've been forced to leave my church where she attends (would you believe!). Might have to put Taf into hiding just to get some peace. Where the hell do you hide a 70 foot boat?!?!?!?!

Ah weel