Joanna

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

Picture nicked from Richard in the BCN challenge thread.

I have seen a picture of this boat before but would love to know more. It looks old - is it? If so does anyone know its history?

Thanks

Arragh can't get image to work - Thanks Carl!

Edited by Speedwheel

Here goes for making a huge mistake...

No, I don't think she is old. I think she was built around an interesting engine for the owners amusement

That's not very helpful, is it?

Richard

She made a grand sound leaving Walsall in 2009, the engine seemed to fire about once every six feet

Here goes for making a huge mistake...

No, I don't think she is old. I think she was built around an interesting engine for the owners amusement

That's not very helpful, is it?

Richard

She made a grand sound leaving Walsall in 2009, the engine seemed to fire about once every six feet

Thanks Richard. It's a very nice boat either way - old or not I wouldn't mind it.

Video

Oh, she's a little beauty allright. Moored between Manchuria and Dove and with Joanna dead ahead, I was starting to wonder how much we had in the bank account...

Richard

I too drooled over Joanna, a great looking boat. Looking at the bow it smacked of S M Hudson to me (complete with fake rivets), so I looked it on on Jim Shead

JOANNA Built by STEVE HUDSON - Length 14.33 metres (47 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.76 metres (2 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, power of 21. Registered with British Waterways number 506029 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 11-Apr-2010.

Is that her?

I too drooled over Joanna, a great looking boat. Looking at the bow it smacked of S M Hudson to me (complete with fake rivets), so I looked it on on Jim Shead

JOANNA Built by STEVE HUDSON - Length 14.33 metres (47 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.76 metres (2 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, power of 21. Registered with British Waterways number 506029 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 11-Apr-2010.

Is that her?

I would think so. It's embarrassing because I've talked to the owner several times about her, but I've either been bombed out after the BCN Challenge, or inebriated at the Pumphouse, and not in a state to remember details :blush:

Richard

Mike, the owner also owns the two joey boats he dragged round the BCN. He spend a lot of his time around the BCN going to various clean ups and events. The boat is a Hudson boat powered by a JP2.

Andrew

Picture nicked from Richard in the BCN challenge thread.

I have seen a picture of this boat before but would love to know more. It looks old - is it? If so does anyone know its history?

Thanks

Arragh can't get image to work - Thanks Carl!

Your reputation is ruined ;) ... indeed Joanna is an S M Hudson but if it's any consolation (and I don't think it will be!) I think you have extremely good taste, Sir!

Built in 2001 and 47' she is indeed eye candy on water B)

Edited to add: Yes as Richard kindly pointed out there is plenty more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/50005139@N08/sets/72157623894848999/

Re-edited to add that I really don't have a clue how I did that!

Edited by The Anonymous Bard

Your reputation is ruined ;) ... indeed Joanna is an S M Hudson

Absolutely, that fore end is so obviously 'new', even without the oversized stick-on rivets :o

;)

Tim

Edited by Timleech