Boiled eggs

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

Not sure if this belongs in recipes but as it is a sort of a recipe for cooking perfect boiled eggs here goes.

One of the enduring pleasures of life for me is a simple boiled egg or three for breakfast, a salt pot and few soldiers with Lurpak spread on them and I am in heaven, the only problem is the difficulty in cooking my eggs to perfection i.e. a nice soft creamy yolk to receive my eager little soldiers and a firm just cooked white that I can scoop out cleanly.

So after years of hit and miss results I have been using one of these for the last couple of years and I've found it to be spot on, I just keep it with the eggs so it starts off at the same temp as them and all I have to do is pop it in a pan of cold water together with my eggs , turn on the heat and go away for a few minutes until the water starts to boil then I turn the heat to a simmer and watch the indicator line creep up to the mark then remove eggs, result - perfect boiled eggs. You do need to do a little experimenting to ascertain the exact mark to coincide with size of eggs and your personal tastes ( we use large ones) but once you have sorted that out it's plain sailing. A less involved method than timing IMO especially as it automatically allows for whether eggs came out of the fridge or not. Our first one cost us a fiver from Lakeland but our latest one came from Poundland for, you guessed it, £1.

Handy little cooking aid.

ETA: Carlt, if you're reading this isn't it wonderful that God created us so that we could design such a wonderful and profoundly useful little gizmo? :D

Edited by nb Innisfree

Not sure if this belongs in recipes but as it is a sort of a recipe for cooking perfect boiled eggs here goes.

How cool :)

I've just bought one - £2 with free P&P.

Thanks,

Tony

Eggcellent advice. I'm really quite eggcited.

That's rather eggstravagant, bordering on eggstortionate, when they are available in the pound shop for £1.

ETA: Carlt, if you're reading this isn't it wonderful that God created us so that we could design such a wonderful and profoundly useful little gizmo? :D

My thoughts eggsactly!

Thanks,

Tony

Eggcellent advice. I'm really quite eggcited.

That's alwhite me old cock, deffo worth shelling out on, £2 is cheeper than what I had to lay out for our first one.

ETA: I think I've cracked it and covered most angles?

Edited by nb Innisfree

I know, all this poultry humour, people think it's all white but really the're just featherbrains

Oi! I've already done that one!

ETA: Ok I know there's no need to crow about it.

Seriously though folks it really is a good perchase.

Edited by nb Innisfree

We like our chucky eggs and soldiers too so just ordered 1 for home and 1 for the boat (Strangely it wouldn't allow me to order 2 in one order so had to place 2 separate orders) :wacko:

We like our chucky eggs and soldiers too so just ordered 1 for home and 1 for the boat (Strangely it wouldn't allow me to order 2 in one order so had to place 2 separate orders) :wacko:

:tired: