Boiled eggs

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

We like our chucky eggs and soldiers too so just ordered 1 for home and 1 for the boat (Strangely it wouldn't allow me to order 2 in one order so had to place 2 separate orders) :wacko:

They need to be careful, a rival will poach their trade

They need to be careful, a rival will poach their trade

:lol:

Which reminds me - the other 'device' you can get from Anazon is those little poaching sacks to poach your eggs in - don't bother they are quite the opposite in terns of effectiveness, ours lasted a week before they ended up in the rubbish.

:tired:

Yes I know but think all the eggy jokes have been egghausted....

Yes I know but think all the eggy jokes have been egghausted....

You'll soon be toast with an attitude like that. As Sir Sugar might say (were he dyslexic), "You're Fried"

Tony

• Greenie 1

Omeletting you all know that un ouef is un oeuf.

You will only catch me joining in with these puns, ova my dead body.

(I haven't got a coat, btw, I'l just put my capon)

:clapping:

You'll soon be toast with an attitude like that. As Sir Sugar might say (were he dyslexic), "You're Fried"

Tony

Have green 'un for that.

That's a bit over the top no wonder we have global warming.

It's a sad part of not living aboard unfortunately - increasingly we have at least 2 of everything now, one for home one for the boat.

It's a sad part of not living aboard unfortunately - increasingly we have at least 2 of everything now, one for home one for the boat.

You're lucky, first it was two as we couldn't find stuff in our storage unit and now we've been relegated to dry land we need thirds of some gear.

you guys should stop this now i can see you all egging each other on, but once the mods crack the code it will be you with the egg on your face.

Edited by bramley

Not sure if this belongs in recipes but as it is a sort of a recipe for cooking perfect boiled eggs here goes.

One of the enduring pleasures of life for me is a simple boiled egg or three for breakfast, a salt pot and few soldiers with Lurpak spread on them and I am in heaven, the only problem is the difficulty in cooking my eggs to perfection i.e. a nice soft creamy yolk to receive my eager little soldiers and a firm just cooked white that I can scoop out cleanly.

So after years of hit and miss results I have been using one of these for the last couple of years and I've found it to be spot on, I just keep it with the eggs so it starts off at the same temp as them and all I have to do is pop it in a pan of cold water together with my eggs , turn on the heat and go away for a few minutes until the water starts to boil then I turn the heat to a simmer and watch the indicator line creep up to the mark then remove eggs, result - perfect boiled eggs. You do need to do a little experimenting to ascertain the exact mark to coincide with size of eggs and your personal tastes ( we use large ones) but once you have sorted that out it's plain sailing. A less involved method than timing IMO especially as it automatically allows for whether eggs came out of the fridge or not. Our first one cost us a fiver from Lakeland but our latest one came from Poundland for, you guessed it, £1.

Handy little cooking aid.

ETA: Carlt, if you're reading this isn't it wonderful that God created us so that we could design such a wonderful and profoundly useful little gizmo? :D

No, you need some Britiany butter with sea salt crystals ( Sainsbury's )

Guest wanted

egg-cellent

eggs-treme

egg-citing

egg-stavagent

egg-speriment

egg-splosive

egg-tortionate

egg-static

eggs-traordinary

eggs-tra terrestrial

egg-sotic

egg-stracted

eggs-cavation

egg-saggerate

egg-saust

egg-xam

egg-samine

egg-ceed

egg-cel

egg-cept

eggs-change

That's all yolks :captain:

egg-cellent

eggs-treme

egg-citing

egg-stavagent

egg-speriment

egg-splosive

egg-tortionate

egg-static

eggs-traordinary

eggs-tra terrestrial

egg-sotic

egg-stracted

eggs-cavation

egg-saggerate

egg-saust

egg-xam

egg-samine

egg-ceed

egg-cel

egg-cept

eggs-change

That's all yolks :captain:

...annnd eggsit stage right! :closedeyes:

I dreamt of eggs last night... There were hendreds and hendreds of them...

Psychological Meaning: To dream of an egg promises that something new is about to happen in your life. You may be 'hatching' a new idea or plan. After a period of waiting wonderful new possibilities will open to you. At this stage you will need to carefully nurture your plans as eggs are delicate things and can be easily broken. The egg could also symbolise inner potentials that are developing within you. You may be learning new skills or feel that you are developing into a new and better person. You need time to incubate this new side of yourself. Soon you will be able to 'break out of your shell'.

So there you are, you can sell eggs as well as diesel & coal!! B)