Rickmansworth Festival 21-22nd May

pepper

Featured Posts

The tug of war made me chuckle a lot, advice to someone complaining about the cheating with additional tugs, get yourself a tug next year!

Have various pics of the shenanigans, not sure where to post them!

Had to leave early for home commitments. Parting shot was to fall in whilst pushing off to cross over to Tesco's car park. I'll walk round next time. Brighton and Nuneaton are on 12a and b next to Nutfield and Raymond: the crew of Keith our chairman, Barry Roy and Mouse would I'm sure be pleased to talk to forum members. There's a good turnout of boats, the tug of war will no doubt be just as chaotic tomorrow with all the blatant cheating and arbitrary judging that make it so very watchable. Thanks to Baldock for his hard work and for producing Jacsco spares at short notice.

Hehe, there's me in the tug of war one. Hope you liked yer chocolate crispie cakes Baldock ;). We found Jeanette too, we're chilling in front of the beer tent!

Just got Home had a great day Ricky has a fun atmosphere that none of the other canal festivals seem to have.Thanks for a great evening Lucy & Rob.

The next piece of cake Baldock should be a piece of Lucy & Robs wedding cake.

Jeannette

Thanks to one and all who came to Ricky this year

and Dek..the chokky crispys were fantastic..

Its all about you guys who bring the boats and turn up to watch that make it

Many many thanks and hope to see you all next year

Chris

Thanks to one and all who came to Ricky this year

and Dek..the chokky crispys were fantastic..

Its all about you guys who bring the boats and turn up to watch that make it

Many many thanks and hope to see you all next year

Chris

How lucky were we with the excellent weather? I wandered down on the Saturday afternoon/evening and managed to catch the final of the tug-of-war event. I must say, I didn't really understand what was going on and that the winner looked like the losing boat to me (but it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves on the boats and it was just us observing punters who were left confused LOL)?

I had hoped to catch up with a few more of you but there were just so many people in the Arena!

Really don't know how everyone coped being moored up alongside the crush of the festival going crowd on the towpath.

Each year I go, I meet more cwf folks plus all the older ones i know, but still miss out on so many.. still its an excuse to go back again ..

Ah well Boxmoor and Crick for next weekend then!!

probably means more beers and stuff (again!!)

see that we just sneaked in a few glances of Lincoln...

Waiting to see more of the TOW and dave's swan dive !!

plus the lock in and coal boat shuffle!!

Me 'n BSP were there Sunday afternoon, but failed to bump into any visible forumites...

Great atmosphere - really relaxed, enjoyed the tug'o'war too. :)

Some piccies:

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

:)

PC

Clearly even the moment one snarfs a delicious egg and saussie bap isn't sacred when the Catchpole has his camera out. Goodness!

:cheers:

BSP, *nothing* is sacred when I've got the camera out! :)

PC