The Boat Is Mine!

Barry

Featured Posts

Was there ever any doubt...!! :rolleyes: You're worse than me..!! Now you wont be able to sleep until Thursday..!!

And as soon as you bring it back after your first trip, you'll just want to go out again, I bet when you finally get to be on it on your own you'll sit in that drivers seat playing with the wheel and flicking switches like a little kid, occasionally jumping up to explore something else you've spotted from your throne.

Very very envious...but the orible women wont let me get one. :lol:

Heres hoping you get some warmer dry weather for your first go. A crisp sunny morning would be spot on.

Well I've only gone and done it haven't I

After years of dreaming and a couple years posting on here as a wannabee I have bought my first boat today clicky

Survey was fine this morning, funds have been transferred, insurance is paid for, licence is transferred to me, moorings are paid for, BSS certificate is valid.

Handover will be on Thursday so then the little beauty will be mine

Gosh!

You lucky lucky sod.

Seriously though pleased all went well, bet you can't wait to get out on it

Well I've only gone and done it haven't I

After years of dreaming and a couple years posting on here as a wannabee I have bought my first boat today clicky

Survey was fine this morning, funds have been transferred, insurance is paid for, licence is transferred to me, moorings are paid for, BSS certificate is valid.

Handover will be on Thursday so then the little beauty will be mine

Gosh!

Well done Bazza - Looks great. If you need an Engineer to help move her......Oh yes, you were one too!!

Keith

BISN

Even after 2 years i occasionally like to either sit at the helm making "brum brum" noises, or moor mine up by a pub, and have a few beverages, while just pondering MY BOAT.

Me too.

And, when the weekend's over, everything's locked up and I'm just closing the pontoon gate, to go home, look back and......."Oh yes!"

I've got family coming from all over the country this weekend (buying a boat is coincidental to this pre-arranged event to celebrate my retirement)

I wonder what the weather forecast is? - Oh bugger the forecast I dare say we'll be out!

You will be. The day I collected Ripple we took her to Weedon and back in the pouring rain. I think the boating Gods were just testing my patience. Somewhere I have a photo of me, at the tiller, with rain bouncing off the roof my clothes wetter than they would have been if I'd stood in the cut for twenty minutes... and a big smile on my face

It looks a lovely boat, it really does

She is yours now. You can relax and allow her to become your boat.

A boat is not like a house or a car; it is a full-on love-hate relationship.

In the boating community your surname will be the name of your boat.

Why, when I own two steel narrowboats am I so jealous?

Possibly because, after 35 years on the cut I want to return to the sea?

But, my boats are mine! The longer I keep them, the less I want to let someone else have them.

I wish you many hours of boating (and mooring/fettling) pleasure.

Alan

my favourite bit is where people ask me where I live and I come out with " present location .......this week " :lol:......"and somewhere else next week" and watch them try to work out what on earth I'm on about.

Contrary to that, my most annoying bit was when a snooty woman replied to her daughter's question, "why do people live on boats", to which she replied, "because they can't afford a house". What a first class plonker she was! :wacko:

In the boating community your surname will be the name of your boat.

Alan

:P Had to laugh at that statement. It's so true! On our last marina, boaters surnames were also referred to as the name of their dog (if they had one).

My dad was an ex-merchant seaman. Both he and other ex-seaman I've known, always yearned to be back at sea. I mused at the thought of my dad looking down from wherever and seeing his son cruising past the 'Three Graces' on a narrow boat, heading towards the Salthouse dock at Liverpool. He would have chuckled at that sight as I passed the offices of the Bibby Line whom he used to sail with.

Sorry Bazza... Have been snoozing apparently.

Congratulations to you and I hope she lives up to all you hopes. Lovely boat. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now that Mick has brought this up again, where are the pictures of your new baby Bazza?

Richard