I've just made an offer on a boat!!

Barry

Featured Posts

Oh! nice one Bazza, she looks lovely. I reckon there is room for a big banter on her - we will have to wear those blue bag things over our shoes like wot they make you put on when you have a nosey around posh boats at exhibitions.

Brilliant. Great choice.

Chris xxxxxxxxxxx <-----that's just incase you have a spare berth going LOL

What a good idea Smudge

I shall need somewhere to tie up temporarily though ;)

Lovely boat Bazza, well done and good luck with the survey.

BTW we haven't booked a bed for the banter yet, so if you're taking bookings can I put our names on the waiting list :P

Seriously if you do get her to the banter I'd love a look round, I've never been in a cruiser (if that's the correct term, no offence intended).

Sue

Nope, on my list of things to de eventually, but my family were never into boats.

I went on my first boating holiday in about 1993 or 4 with Richards family. It was the first time for all of us I think.

Sue

Try the broads you will love it. Very different from narrowboating but very enjoyable none the less..

Why?

Many river and sea boats have sea toilets. Most are connected to holding tanks although some are not.

I'll be putting a Porta Potti in for now to see if I get on with it. I used to have one for family camping holidays so I've got a bit of a head start there. It will do while I think about having a holding tank installed.

Oh no what have I done? strewth I'm already on the which bog debate and it aint mine yet

Bazza

Are you now going to be wearing a lifejacket with p.gifr.gifi.gifn.gifc.gife.gifs.gifs.gif

by GlitX.com in diamanté on the back to match the Triumph one ????

Only jokin mate

How do you do that Balders - that's crackin' that is

Thank you very much for all your good wishes about my purchase of this boat people. I am very grateful and the things you say warm my heart, taking away some of the remaining uncertainty about whether or not I am doing the right thing.

The purchase of a boat has much meaning for me. A retirement present for myself; my chosen reward for my years of working. The fruition of years of dreaming; while all my resources were devoted to taking care of my wife and children. The pleasure it can bring in the future to myself and my family since I love the water and boats and this has communicated itself to my children I think. There is the possibility of days out with my son doing what he and I love doing (fishing) and a boat with a dinghy will give us access to places we couldn't get before. Days out with my daughter and granddaughter; Vikki has loves boats since she was a small girl and Kaden is, at two and a half, no different. Vikki and Kaden have just come back from a week on the Broads, Kaden's first experience of boats, and she loved it. Introducing my son's partner, Jess, and my grandson, Oscar, to the water since for both of them it will be a new experience. There is also the practical accomodation solution it brings to living in one place and studying and working in another and the pleasure it brings me in doing that.

Against all that I have had to weigh the cost of boating and studying on a pension, though in a few years I will be working again to top up my pension and recoup my studying costs. The advisability of investing the money instead of spending it, making my money "work for me" as they suggest. I guess I have decided that buying a boat is an investment, not in stock markets but in the potential joy it brings, partly for my family but particularly for me. I see owning a boat and the things it brings as an investment for my quality of life, for my soul. It means a great deal.

Whether or not this boat is the one for me remains to be seen. I'll find out on Tuesday. Fingers crossed then but I think I've looked hard at this boat and, though I'm prepared for disappointment (short term because there are other boats), and there is a good chance that there will be no deal breaking major problems.

So thank you all again - your words are encouraging and comforting :wub:

Aaand......breathe in - stop typing - press "add reply"....

• Greenie 1

Thank you very much for all your good wishes about my purchase of this boat people. I am very grateful and the things you say warm my heart, taking away some of the remaining uncertainty about whether or not I am doing the right thing.

<snip>

Hmmm, I wonder what's gone wrong.

Buying a boat is never the right thing. We're land dwelling animals that drown in water who make artificial rivers to float perishable boats on to keep us dry. And spend a fortune keeping the boats from perishing. This is clearly madness. Anyone who wants to own a boat must be out of their mind!

Good luck with the survey and welcome to the boat owner's support group :P

Richard

Why?

Many river and sea boats have sea toilets. Most are connected to holding tanks although some are not.

Because the ad said seatoilet and I understand that direct disharge into most if not all non tidal waters isn't allowed, and if Bazza hadn't spotted that, he might have been setting himself up for some expensive alterations he hadn't allowed for or end up not being able to cruise everywhere he anticipated.

As it happens he's on the ball and has a plan.

So thank you all again - your words are encouraging and comforting :wub:

Aaand......breathe in - stop typing - press "add reply"....

The Pontoon E hangover's just lifting. Throw off your bow line; throw off your stern. You head out to Black Boy Sand, past Gibraltar Point, Lynn Knock. Past Skegness where I made sand castles as a kid. Then the birds show up: black backs, herring gulls, big Gannets. The sun hits ya - head North. Open up to 12 - steamin' now. Swmbo is busy; you're in charge. Ya know what? You're a goddam seaboat owner! Is there any thing better in the world?

(with apologies to Wolfgang Peterson)

The Pontoon E hangover's just lifting. Throw off your bow line; throw off your stern. You head out to Black Boy Sand, past Gibraltar Point, Lynn Knock. Past Skegness where I made sand castles as a kid. Then the birds show up: black backs, herring gulls, big Gannets. The sun hits ya - head North. Open up to 12 - steamin' now. Swmbo is busy; you're in charge. Ya know what? You're a goddam seaboat owner! Is there any thing better in the world?

is that from Perfect Storm?

Well done bazza, i'm jealous!

Saw your potential new boat out and about at the weekend Bazza. She was looking well.

Excellent :D