Canal Rage

Proper Job

Featured Posts

Always bear in mind we have all been there and had to do it for the first time , even the speeding boater althugh he obviously hasnt learned anything. If you are still nervous why not hire aday boat locally first and try it out that way?

Canal rage.

CANAL RAGE.

I'LL SHOW YOU SOME ******* CANAL RAGE!

:lol:.htm" target="_blank">http://www.steamershistorical.co.uk/steame...(a)&(:lol:.htm</a>

The link should take you to the Buffalo v Phoenix incident of 1896.

Snapped towlines. 40 boats delayed in 24 hour incident. Boats jammed and occupying a lock. Police and court action. etc

Now that's proper canal rage.

Damn. The link doesn't work so get there as follows for a good read:

Google the "steamershistorical" website.

Select > "steam driven tugs"

Select > "Buffalo"

Scroll down and read the "Millner letters"

Edited by andywatson

• 1 year later...

We'll be going up the GU from Brentford soon - you're welcome to join us, and as has been suggested a number of times on this forum, 'basic boating' is one of our strengths. :lol: PM me for contact details etc. if your interested.

interesting, given your post yesterday?

Its reading these posts that make me wonder what I am going to get on my first trip, imagine if you will, being stuck behind me as I try to go through my first lock. How many remember their first? I guess I will make a real hash of it, one reason I would like to do the helmsman certificate first but they all seem to be miles up North. Anyone on the southern waters want to take me through some basic boating Ill pay the diesel and a pub lunch.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll be going up the GU from Brentford soon - you're welcome to join us, and as has been suggested a number of times on this forum, 'basic boating' is one of our strengths. :lol: PM me for contact details etc. if your interested.

A stark contrast to the 'pleeese help me get my boat 100yds to the water point 'cause I'm a girl' threads we've had!

An amusing juxtaposition of opinions, no?

• Greenie 1

An amusing juxtaposition of opinions, no?

No.

Let me first say how flattered I am you've spent so much time researching this answer. Going through over 850 posts certainly indicates what a thoroughly determined chap you are.

The posts you have pulled from Trix was a simple expression of first time nerves and my response was genuine. In contrast the posts you haven't managed to find were from one Lady Godiva who went way way beyond that, quite blatantly attempting to exploit her feminity and getting a bit if a bashing on account of it. I think the result was some members who had had first hand experience of her warning others off. Then it got personal and I think Lady Muck removed the thread.

Good to know you're vigilently watching out for any hints of misogeny, but I'd have thought the female members were capable of doing that themselves.

• Greenie 1

No.

Let me first say how flattered I am you've spent so much time researching this answer. Going through over 850 posts certainly indicates what a thoroughly determined chap you are.

The posts you have pulled from Trix was a simple expression of first time nerves and my response was genuine. In contrast the posts you haven't managed to find were from one Lady Godiva who went way way beyond that, quite blatantly attempting to exploit her feminity and getting a bit if a bashing on account of it. I think the result was some members who had had first hand experience of her warning others off. Then it got personal and I think Lady Muck removed the thread.

Good to know you're vigilently watching out for any hints of misogeny, but I'd have thought the female members were capable of doing that themselves.

Again you contradict yourself.

"A stark contrast to the 'pleeese help me get my boat 100yds to the water point 'cause I'm a girl' threads we've had!"

oh, and don't flatter yourself, my amusement was completely serendipitous.

It's Mr Pink being his usual ...... actually, you know what? I can't be arsed.

No I didn't mean that - I posted something in reply to something way up the thread but by the time I hit post several posts appeared between it and the post I was replying to has completely changed rendering my reply out of context....

No I didn't mean that - I posted something in reply to something way up the thread but by the time I hit post several posts appeared between it and the post I was replying to has completely changed rendering my reply out of context....

The thread followed a course of evolution methinks.....

Its reading these posts that make me wonder what I am going to get on my first trip, imagine if you will, being stuck behind me as I try to go through my first lock. How many remember their first? I guess I will make a real hash of it, one reason I would like to do the helmsman certificate first but they all seem to be miles up North. Anyone on the southern waters want to take me through some basic boating Ill pay the diesel and a pub lunch.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bisham Abbey sailing school does a great one day course for £210 on your own boat. 01628 474960. Bisham Abbey is near Marlow, Bucks

The Bisham Abbey sailing school does a great one day course for £210 on your own boat. 01628 474960. Bisham Abbey is near Marlow, Bucks

Long way to go to take you through a narrow lock or any lock you work yourself for that matter.