Pump out light faulty - emergency!!

matty40s

Featured Posts

The daughter is coming down today and i have discovered that the pump out warning light must have blown, and it should have come on weeks ago.......

Everythings coming back up. :lol:

Where's the nearest pump out south of Croxley common moor lock, and what times does it open.

(puts peg back on nose)

The daughter is coming down today and i have discovered that the pump out warning light must have blown, and it should have come on weeks ago.......

Where's the nearest pump out south of Croxley common moor lock, and what times does it open.

(puts peg back on nose)

I know it's a bit horse and stable door ish but some pumpout owners that I know have a portapotti for emergencies...

We use a portapotti all the time.

(Retires feeling smug :lol: )

N

(puts peg back on nose)

If you can wind south of Common Moor lock, your quickest would be back to Cassio Bridge, just a mile back.

There is a winding hole there too.

Otherwise I suspect it's peg on nose until Uxbridge.

I went with alan's idea, got back to the boat at 3.30, droppeed doen and then back up.got to Cassio at 4.20 (cut off time 4.30), then spent 20 minutes trying to turn round because of the scrotes who have commandeered the winding hole below the dock and eventually turned in the marina entrance.

All poo gone, sweet smelling loo again

Phew !!

Now in Rickmansworth

Alan, as if,

we spent all day walking round the lakes, can't believe I've not been down here before, (photo's and article to follow)........came back for a BBQ around 3 and then left to take little smiff home, got back at 9.30pm (long drive to leicester and back). Does that mean you are going back for the plastic tunnel treatment then ??

I'm going off the idea of a pumpout :lol: pity Ive made the tank.

I'm not surprised. The number of posts on the forum over the years is a reasonable reflection of the problems people have with their pump-outs.

I know which type of toilet I'd rather have if there's a problem - one that I can pick up and carry off the boat.

Assuming the tank's still unused, how about using it as an extra water tank?

Edited by blackrose

I'm not surprised. The number of posts on the forum over the years is a reasonable reflection of the problems people have with their pump-outs.

I know which type of toilet I'd rather have if there's a problem - one that I can pick up and carry off the boat.

That is not really fair. I bet a full cassette nowhere near an elsan point is far more common.

The most common problem with the pump-out seems to be when people treat it like a main sewer connected toilet. I.e., use it and forget about it. If you would empty it a little bit more often, you probably would not get half the problems that you do. But I know, why pay for half a tank to be emtpied if you can chance it... etc. That is just something that you need to accept.

I must say that on my way back from Stone to Bradford on Avon, so far the provision of Elsan points doesn't seem to be very generous either. As for walking down the towpath with one, or two, casettes... marvoulous :lol: .

When my boat is ready to start (hopefully end August), I think my services will be quite popular.

:lol:

Seems a little unfair.

If pump out users didnt try and squeeze that extra day or two out of the tank and then realise it is full miles from a pump out, problems like this wouldnt occur.

Am I the only person who's marina (ex marina now) has closed the elsan and expects us to take it elsewhere and the river inspector apparently says it's alright to dump cassette and chemicals in the river?

Maybe Mayalld can help me get my head around the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010?

Edited by Dawnie

Oh yes, happens all the time.

We just swap cassettes

Exactly, and full cassettes can always be biked or driven to the nearest elsan, even if it's miles away.

Seems a little unfair.

If pump out users didnt try and squeeze that extra day or two out of the tank and then realise it is full miles from a pump out, problems like this wouldnt occur.

Problems with pump outs as well as the equipment doing the pump out happen all the time. The pump out on my old boat had problems even when it was empty.

Am I the only person who's marina (ex marina now) has closed the elsan and expects us to take it elsewhere and the river inspector apparently says it's alright to dump cassette and chemicals in the river?

Maybe Mayalld can help me get my head around the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010?

Sounds like your river inspector needs reporting to the relevant waterway authority.

Exactly, and full cassettes can always be biked or driven to the nearest elsan, even if it's miles away.

Problems with pump outs as well as the equipment doing the pump out happen all the time. The pump out on my old boat had problems even when it was empty.

Sounds like your river inspector needs reporting to the relevant waterway authority.

Hence why I am trying to obtain an answer from the guy who wrote the latest regs. Full cassettes in the recent heat and many miles rule out taking it home. Still new marina that has real facilities.