Only two days to Go - Update

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Unlike my friend Anagram Fincher, I will not have access to the internet during my ten or so days stay in Hospital, so my posting will cease on Wednesday morning, and not re-start for some while after I get back home, but I will try and let you knopw how things go, Jan may post a progress report if there is anything interesting happening.

Good luck and I look forward to your next post in on about the 20th, that will give you a couple of days to catch up on all the other little jobs that pop up while you are in hospital

Well just in case you are all wondering why I am still here and not on my way to Southmead Hospital, I got a phone call at 8am this morning, and another at 11.30am advising me that they had not got a bed available for me, and to stay at home until they contact me, which hopefully will be later today.

Needless to say I am not very ecstatic about all this, especially as they cannot say when, or whether, I will actually be admitted in the next 24 hours, and I am already on a clear liquids diet only until after the operation. The staff are all being very kind about it and are making all sorts of encouraging noises, but all I want after all the waiting is to get on with it.

Apparently they have had to close several General Wards because of an outbreak of sickness and diarrhea, and the patients are clogging up the surgery and recovery beds. Of course the situation is not helped by idiots who fall off their bikes and end up clogging up even more beds for weeks on end :lol:

Well just in case you are all wondering why I am still here and not on my way to Southmead Hospital, I got a phone call at 8am this morning, and another at 11.30am advising me that they had not got a bed available for me, and to stay at home until they contact me, which hopefully will be later today.

Needless to say I am not very ecstatic about all this, especially as they cannot say when, or whether, I will actually be admitted in the next 24 hours, and I am already on a clear liquids diet only until after the operation. The staff are all being very kind about it and are making all sorts of encouraging noises, but all I want after all the waiting is to get on with it.

Apparently they have had to close several General Wards because of an outbreak of sickness and diarrhea, and the patients are clogging up the surgery and recovery beds. Of course the situation is not helped by idiots who fall off their bikes and end up clogging up even more beds for weeks on end :lol:

Sorry to learn of the delay - - I'd just assumed you were having a last minute cheese on toast before the enforced starvation.

I hope the NHS looks after you as well as they did me a few years ago - - our thoughts to you and family - and all the very best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery - - -

We look forward to seeing photies of the pipes n tubes, together with graphs of the pre and post op results!

Good Luck :lol: . . . . . . (hope the pipes and tubes have BSS certificates)

Your good wishes have worked, I have just had a phone call from Southmead Hospital, they have a bed available at 6pm, so I will be on my way later this afternoon. Not sure I really want to travel into Bristol on one of the busiest motorways at rush hour, but my daughter will be driving so I shall just sit there moaning about the traffic.

May I also thank everone (including the PM's) for their support, You will now get two weks peace from me.

So you won't have read this before the op, but hopefully as you read this everything will have gone more smoothly than you could have hoped.

Know that I have been praying for you.

Best wishes for a great recovery now.

John