Don't Moor Opposite!

rgreg

Featured Posts

A house out in the countryside on the Lancaster canal between Garstang and Galgate has put up several signs on its extensive offside lawns saying: "Please respect privacy. Don't moor OPPOSITE" (ie don't moor on the tow path opposite their lawns which incidentally aren't even in front of the house! What a joke - buy a house by the canal then complain when boats moor legally opposite!

A house out in the countryside on the Lancaster canal between Garstang and Galgate has put up several signs on its extensive offside lawns saying: "Please respect privacy. Don't moor OPPOSITE" (ie don't moor on the tow path opposite their lawns which incidentally aren't even in front of the house! What a joke - buy a house by the canal then complain when boats moor legally opposite!

This. happens everwhere BW will soon be down with their no mooring signs

This has been covered recently and a mega banter proposed... :lol:

This has been covered recently and a mega banter proposed... :lol:

:lol: Hi

Now I am not local to that location but why dont you all that are in the vicinity do different shifts of say 48 hours each and make sure someone is ALWAYS moored opposite this ars....e we need to make a stand or these idiots may eventualy win the day !!

At the start of the atherstone fliight the water and elsan has room for two boats. when its busy the boats wait on the other side of canal. The people who own the house complained to BW about the boats and they put up a no mooring sign so when its busy you cant wait to use services

:lol: Hi

Now I am not local to that location but why dont you all that are in the vicinity do different shifts of say 48 hours each and make sure someone is ALWAYS moored opposite this ars....e we need to make a stand or these idiots may eventualy win the day !!

Even though I didn't want to stop there was tempted to when I saw the signs. Think a banter would be good- I saw something suggested for a similar problem on L&L but not the Lancaster. First time I've seen these signs.

But if you're waiting for the water point you're not moored really, are you?

I should have said you cant even stay there she calls bw and says that there are boats waiting for the sevices and bw come out. on a busy day you can be waiting a couple of hours, the person who owns the house pops her head over the bush and if you have you pins in off she goes, sad really.

Even though I didn't want to stop there was tempted to when I saw the signs. Think a banter would be good- I saw something suggested for a similar problem on L&L but not the Lancaster. First time I've seen these signs.

The similar issue on the L&L is at Greenberfiled - seemingly somebody has bought a property at the summit of the L&L, adjacent to the water point, bridge and locks and is now objecting to boats mooring nearby....

:lol:

missed this one.......

No worries - it was a while ago and I don;t think that a failure to adequately use the forum search facility is a hangin' offence just yet.....if it is I am defo. on death row......(as it;s rubbish)

I should have said you cant even stay there she calls bw and says that there are boats waiting for the sevices and bw come out. on a busy day you can be waiting a couple of hours, the person who owns the house pops her head over the bush and if you have you pins in off she goes, sad really.

Use mud weights

Let me be the devil's advocate, and caution against having a banter outside this property. All that banter will achieve is a confirmation of the impression that 'boats are a bloody nuisance'. The property owner will get his local councilor or MP to have a look, and before you know it, mooring will be restricted more than you bargained for.

Is there an actual mooring restriction in place? If not, just ignore the sign, moor as you would, and let them stew. They don't have any reasonable ground to get an official mooring restriction (yet.... :lol: ), but deliberate misbehaving, tempting as it may be, is only going to work against mooring in the long term.

If they complain, just smile at them, and pretend you don't understand because you're foreign.... I bet that will really get their goat...

(what is Polish for "I don't understand" ? :lol: :lol: )