Batteries from Vince for Lancashire folk

Ange

Featured Posts

We're dropping by at Vince's on 28th February to pick up some of his £25 batteries. We're getting 3 for us and 2 for another Lancashire resident who's already PM'd me. We reckon we can carry 8 with ourselves and luggage (we'll be on our way back from visiting Kent for a week) in our rather aged Vauxhall Corsa.

We're based near Chorley, if you have a need for batteries and can pick up from us PM me (no fee involved - we're going there anyway). First come first served if demand outstrips our rather meagre supply.

:lol:

We're dropping by at Vince's on 28th February to pick up some of his £25 batteries. We're getting 3 for us and 2 for another Lancashire resident who's already PM'd me. We reckon we can carry 8 with ourselves and luggage (we'll be on our way back from visiting Kent for a week) in our rather aged Vauxhall Corsa.

We're based near Chorley, if you have a need for batteries and can pick up from us PM me (no fee involved - we're going there anyway). First come first served if demand outstrips our rather meagre supply.

Don't advertise too much as it is illegal to carry more than 2 batteries. I got threatened by the 'Job's worth' at the local tip, 'er I mean "Resource Recycling Centre" when I took 5 Knackered ones in to do my public duty. It seems to be something to do with the transport of dangerous chemicals ie acid.

And they wonder why such things are thrown under the nearest hedge!!

What if you have an electric car :lol:

Are milk floats illegal ??

Fork lift trucks ??

My torch has 4 batteries in it ....

My wife is more dangerous......

Have you met my dog ? .....

I bet I could do more damage with 5 litres of petrol....

etc etc....

Soon we'll need a licence to get out of bed and if we are caught without it we will be sent back to bed !!!

welcome to our nanny state

Nick :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't advertise too much as it is illegal to carry more than 2 batteries. I got threatened by the 'Job's worth' at the local tip, 'er I mean "Resource Recycling Centre" when I took 5 Knackered ones in to do my public duty. It seems to be something to do with the transport of dangerous chemicals ie acid.

And they wonder why such things are thrown under the nearest hedge!!

Are these current regulations?

:lol: Is there such a place as Lancashire.....?

I'm after 4 batteries but i'm in Shropshire, maybe we should set up a collect system..

I'm looking for batteries and I'm a Lancy Lad (don't let my details fool you) Tell me more, what voltage and amp hours.?

PS I have moorings in WBM Adlington.

C

I'm after 4 batteries but i'm in Shropshire, maybe we should set up a collect system..

I can bring them up when I come to paint? although having said that, I might be coming on the train - if I can work out where to go to!

Edited by Bones

I'm looking for batteries and I'm a Lancy Lad (don't let my details fool you) Tell me more, what voltage and amp hours.?

PS I have moorings in WBM Adlington.

C

Hi

See this thread for battery details :-

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...c=15343&hl=

We're not very far from you so dropping off wouldn't be a problem

Ange