Bandwidth limit... I seem to have reached mine!

Janet S

Featured Posts

Help someone, please?

I've just uploaded three images to my gallery, and now I get the following message....

Have I broken it?

Janet

Have you reached your monthly cap on your broadband connection?

Have you reached your monthly cap on your broadband connection?

I don't think I have a cap? If I do, then it's news to me! If it helps, I'm with Virgin.

I've just uploaded several photo's to a couple of photography forums, and had no problems.

Janet

I get that quite a lot when photos are stored on photobucket. I think it's the user who uploaded the photo bandwidth with photobucket that's run out.

I get that quite a lot when photos are stored on photobucket. I think it's the user who uploaded the photo bandwidth with photobucket that's run out.

I do use Photobucket and Flickr, but the images were uploaded direct from my PC.

I'm glad you can view them Carl, because I can't!

Janet

PS. Just uploaded another one, and it let me view it when I uploaded it, but now I can't see it! Oh well, off for a weekend of beeeeeer and fun now....I'll try again next week!

Edited by Janet S

Hi Janet,

I had the same problem yesterday, trying to upload a couple of pictures to my 3D thread. I have had a number of PMs to and fro with Liam, who deleted a number of my old pictures for me. That made no difference so on his suggestion I cleared my browser cache and cookies, which also made no difference. I tried going on another forum that I use, where I upload a lot of big file pictures and had no problem at all.

My conclusion is that there must be some changes with the forum server that is restricting the amount of bandwidth to forum members in some way, particularly as a number of people are having the same problem at the same time.

Roger

Edited by Roger Gunkel

Yes, we're aware of the problem, which does indeed seem to be with the forums gallery software imposing what seems to be a rather harsh bandwidth limit on people using the gallery. Although some people seem the be using the gallery far more than other without problems.

Just out of instersest and to help track down whats happening, how many photos are you viewing/looking at and how large are the images you are uploading before there resized by the gallery software?

Daniel

Doing some testing, it seams a normal user can only upload images under around 300kb anyway.

According to the testing ive just been doing with a dummy account ive just setup. So you can upload massivly silly files if you tried? Can people confirm this? If you try and upload a photo to the gallery when its working normally, if its 600kb odd you just get a massage saying the file your trying to upload is too large? Doesnt seem to mind dimentionally large images however. Which makes sense.

How large where you images wonder dust, in file size and dimention?

Dhutch

Edited by test

Help someone, please?

I've just uploaded three images to my gallery, and now I get the following message....

You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image

Presumably it worked before that?

- Have you been browsing a lot of images on the gallery recently?

- Again, what where the sizes of the images?

- Does it work now, or is it still the same.

Questions apply to anyone else with the problem

Ditto really anyone who doesnt have the problem but is using the gallery fit to bust without issue.

Sorry, to late to do any more today, but really just trying to get to the bottom of what causing it for the people with the problem. Having hammered the gallery for the last 30minutes with a test account without the admin privlages of myown i can break it or get a repeat of the fault at all. All in good shape.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have 40 images currently on the site totalling 3.2mb. 7 of them are between 150-300kb, the rest are below 100kb and half of those below 50kb.

The last two which I uploaded were only about 27kb and I had viewed about 15 pictures in the last week before it packed up. Are you suggesting that just viewing the pictures will lead to a maximum bandwidth useage? That seems a bit obscure!

Roger

I dont know what the limit is or what is measured (cant see it as an option to vary in the gallery control panel) but i would assuming if a bandwidth limit was to be set, it would take into account both upload and download bandwidth usage. So both adding and viewing images, yes.

And typicaly you will view more than you upload (even if you only veiw your own you break even!) hence this will dominate the bandwidth usage.

Put simply, bandwidth costs money, with the gallery using more than the forum. Hence its not supprising it is limited. However it is odd that this peoblem as only become and issue now all of a sudden and that i cant find anything in the gallery options for turning it on/off or changing the size of the limit.

Daniel

I dont know what the limit is or what is measured (cant see it as an option to vary in the gallery control panel) but i would assuming if a bandwidth limit was to be set, it would take into account both upload and download bandwidth usage. So both adding and viewing images, yes.

And typicaly you will view more than you upload (even if you only veiw your own you break even!) hence this will dominate the bandwidth usage.

Put simply, bandwidth costs money, with the gallery using more than the forum. Hence its not supprising it is limited. However it is odd that this peoblem as only become and issue now all of a sudden and that i cant find anything in the gallery options for turning it on/off or changing the size of the limit.

Daniel

It gets even stranger, as suddenly I have been able to access my albums again, although I couldn't this morning! :lol:

Just edited to say it's all disappeared again and I can view no pictures at all by anyone. :lol:

Roger

Edited by Roger Gunkel

• 1 month later...

When looking at the pictures in the Gallery I got to page 3 and received this message: "You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image"

Is this my PC or the site?

PS I know it's not general boating but did not know where else to put it, the topic that is!!!