Bandwidth limit... I seem to have reached mine!

Janet S

Featured Posts

I've just uploaded a few as an experiment, and all seems to be working fine now.

Janet

Mine isn't, just got the dreaded msg that I have reached my bandwidth limit so cannot view the image (whilst viewing the gallery)

Do the mods have any solution yet?

Ditchdabbler

Recently joined CWF. Took some nice photos of iced up canal and NBs today so thought I'd open an album.

Uploaded three reduced size jpegs c.40k each (c. 120k in total) and got the 'reached full bandwidth' message and now can't view ANY images on the forum, or access my album to amend/delete etc.

If I was uploading megabytes of images I'd understand. But to cut me out for a measly 120k's worth is ridiculous.

Some help and/or explanation would be greatly appreciated

:lol:

Recently joined CWF. Took some nice photos of iced up canal and NBs today so thought I'd open an album.

Uploaded three reduced size jpegs c.40k each (c. 120k in total) and got the 'reached full bandwidth' message and now can't view ANY images on the forum, or access my album to amend/delete etc.

If I was uploading megabytes of images I'd understand. But to cut me out for a measly 120k's worth is ridiculous.

Some help and/or explanation would be greatly appreciated

:lol:

It happened to me too, see my post above. The problem went away, seemingly all by itself, after three days. Other posts in this thread seem to suggest the same.

Ditchdabbler

This problem seems now to occur quite quickly, even if you try just to view not that many gallery images.

I'm on a fast cable broadband, and nothing at my end has changed since it used to work.

Unless the mods or site owner can do something, I'd suggest the gallery is all but useless to many of us these days.

Of course the answer is to host the images elsewhere, (Photobucket, Image Shack, etc), when the problem will not happen, and the site will benefit from far more less direct traffic as a result, (and presumably lower running costs ??0.

• 2 years later...

This problem seems now to occur quite quickly, even if you try just to view not that many gallery images.

I'm on a fast cable broadband, and nothing at my end has changed since it used to work.

Unless the mods or site owner can do something, I'd suggest the gallery is all but useless to many of us these days.

Of course the answer is to host the images elsewhere, (Photobucket, Image Shack, etc), when the problem will not happen, and the site will benefit from far more less direct traffic as a result, (and presumably lower running costs ??0.

Problem not solved yet? I am new to the forum, and uploaded one(!) picture(91kb) yesterday. After viewing some of the other pictures, I was cut off with this bandwith limit message.