Has anyone lost a dog on Tottenham Marshes

Lady Muck

Featured Posts

We've just had someone bring a lost dog to our marina on Tottenham Marshes.

So has anyone lost a dog in the Tottenham Marshes/ Tottenham Lock to Chalk Bridge on the River Lee area? We're just North of Stonebridge Lock. If you have, please pm me with the description. For now the doggy is safe with us. We will check with the caff/local petshops/ cops if anyone is looking for their dog in the morning.

Ta v much.

LM

Edited by Lady Muck

So has anyone lost a dog in the Tottenham Marshes/ Tottenham Lock to Chalk Bridge on the River Lee area? We're just North of Stonebridge Lock. If you have, please pm me with the description. For now the doggy is safe with us. We will check with the caff/local petshops/ cops if anyone is looking for their dog in the morning.

Ta v much.

LM

Well done you guys, I know the woofit will have a good evening with you two but I really hope his/her humans turn up soon. I would be out of my head with worry if I lost my four pawed one. Fingers crossed for a happy ending. Keep us posted.

D

Get a vet to check for a micro chip, pound means death

Yeah, thats why the dogs still here with us.

We had no choice the last time though. We found a Malamut bitch that was in season, no chip. My neighbour had a full male (randy) Bull terrier, so we couldn't keep her here. She was gorgeous. She ended up being sent straight to Battersea as the pound couldn't keep her either, up to their ears in full male dogs, too.

Oh...

Do you live near somewhere that dogs are abandoned?

Richard

If dogs run away they seem to end up here. If they are deliberately abandoned they seem to be left, tied up here. I think because people can do it easily without being seen, there's a carpark and it's very quiet at night.

Edited by Lady Muck

Ta v much.

LM

I'm just down the canal at lee valley springfield, i will ask around the marina in the morning.

Yeah, thats why the dogs still here with us.

We had no choice the last time though. We found a Malamut bitch that was in season, no chip. My neighbour had a full male (randy) Bull terrier, so we couldn't keep her here. She was gorgeous. She ended up being sent straight to Battersea as the pound couldn't keep her either, up to their ears in full male dogs, too.

If dogs run away they seem to end up here. If they are deliberately abandoned they seem to be left, tied up here. I think because people can do it easily without being seen, there's a carpark and it's very quiet at night.

B***ards. That said if some lowlife hadn't done the same, then we wouldn't have our (excellent) dog now. So every cloud etc., but I would still like to belt the halfwit who abandoned him around the head with a stout shovel. Rant over.

Hope you find the owner BTW, and pleased you are caring for the dog.

B***ards. That said if some lowlife hadn't done the same, then we wouldn't have our (excellent) dog now. So every cloud etc., but I would still like to belt the halfwit who abandoned him around the head with a stout shovel. Rant over.

Hope you find the owner BTW, and pleased you are caring for the dog.

Hear! Hear! and Vive la shovel!

lady Muck I asked around this morning and sorry no news this end.

Edited by Morphyous

Ta v much.

LM

Can I urge you to take it and get it scanned for a chi p asap? The reason I urge this is that I spent an insanely worried 24 hours a couple of weeks ago hunting my kitten around Paddington to find that it had bee 'rescued/found/stolen' by a concerned Doctor. The Doctor said he was going to keep her if she hadn't been chipped (I'd only had her chipped the week before!!!).

Anyway, the faster the people who have lost their dog, know that it's been found/rescued and not stolen/killed, the easier they'll rest - if it is chipped that is.

In the meantime, good for you for looking after it.

The dog pound for Haringey is actually about 5 mins walk away from here, I'm very familiar with them and their number, sadly. :lol:

Lincolnshire had 2 pounds,one in the north and one in the south. Dogs were only kept for a week then put down. We used to foster dogs from the pound for Canine foster Care till homes could be found for them.

When we moved onto our boat 8 years ago it was with 4 boomerang dogs ( ones homed and returned because of problems/attitude etc) They have proved to be really grand dogs.

Hope dogs mum and dad turn up.

Can I urge you to take it and get it scanned for a chi p asap?

Our mooring warden is looking after it. We're taking it to our vets in Bruce Grove tomorrow morning to have it checked for a chip. I've asked in all the shops and the laundrette in Northumberland Park, no dog reported lost.

Judging by the state of the dog, doesn't appear to have ever been walked, not really house trained or given any training, long claws and soft pads and a really awful 'amateur job' docked tail, we're thinking it has been dumped.

If you can't find the owner and can't keep the dog yourself, can I suggest you find a 'Dogs Trust' I'm told they never put a dog down [unless it's dangerous or in a really bad way] and always re-house them.

We got our Charlie from them and he'd been with them for two years!

Good luck.

Edited to add, they'll also check to see if it is chipped.

Edited by johnjo

Good news! The pup was chipped and is now back with owner, how the hell she managed to get from Finsbury Park to Tottenham Marsh! We think maybe stolen then dumped.

Happy Ending for all!

Brilliant!

Well done you!

People may not be that keen on the implications of personal identity cards, (for people!), but it's nice to see modern technologies like this can have their uses in very nice ways.

If they had "chipped" cats back in the 1970s we might not have ended up with Nelson, our boat cat, though!

NarrowboatCatNelson.jpg

Good news! The pup was chipped and is now back with owner, how the hell she managed to get from Finsbury Park to Tottenham Marsh! We think maybe stolen then dumped.

Happy Ending for all!

YaY team dog. Really glad it got home and sadly, yeah, it sounds like stolen and dumped about sums it up.

If they had "chipped" cats back in the 1970s we might not have ended up with Nelson, our boat cat, though!

NarrowboatCatNelson.jpg

Aaww cute kitten photo alert!

I lost Dora dog overnight while moored here at Brighouse:

IMGP0988.jpg

Spent most of next day phoning vets, dog pounds, police, putting notices on lock gates, etc, and was making the rounds of the supermarket notice boards when the customer service lass in Tesco (other side of town over two main roads) told me that a checkout girl had noticed a nice-looking dog out in the carpark at midnight, and decided to 'rescue' her and take her home to Huddersfield. She left her phone number, though, and when I phoned and said "I believe you've got my dog", her reply was "Aww... I hope not!" All's well, etc, but she did get a good reward.

Mac